Social Visa to EP

Hi

I am from India. I am here in Malaysia on Social Visit & I got job. My Boss says he will apply for visa from here & he asked me stay back. Can any 1 please guide me the process & all.

I got the offer letter from the Company.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you
Sunny

Hi Sunny

As per current procedure, all applicants is not allowed to enter Malaysia till the EP approval is obtained.

Since you are already in Malaysia, there will be 2 options;

1. You leave Malaysia, provide the exit stamp copy and your employer to submit your EP application and it will be processed approximately 7 working days barring any unforeseen circumstances.

2. Your employer to submit your EP, thereafter your application will be returned and immigration will request copy of your exit stamp and it must be uploaded onto the immigration system (based on employer's nature of business). The processing timeline will be recalculate again from the day your employer uploaded the exit stamp.

Once the approval is obtained, then you need to enter Malaysia and produce the copy of approval letter at the Malaysia Entry Points for verification purpose.
You may enter with normal social visit visa or with the Visa with Reference (VDR).

Hope this may assist you.

Indian citizens have to enter Malaysia on a SEV (single entry visa or VDR in local terminology) to take up employment.

You therefore need to be outside Malaysia while the process of Employment Pass is taking place and then enter once the company has got a Visa Approval Letter (VAL) for you and the VDR approval.  You would collect the VDR from the Malaysian consulate or high commission in India (Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi) but there are agents who can help if you are not in those cities.

There are different bodies that can process/approve EPs - through MDEC and through ESD
https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/TC-ES … r-2017.pdfhttps://expats.com.my/expats/expats-new … -services/

The estimated timing to complete the process is about 20 working days.

Once you have arrived in Malaysia on the SEV/VDR then the company can send in your passport so it can be endorsed with the EP.

Beware of companies that do not follow the correct processes and ask you to arrive on  tourist visa or stay in Malaysia while application is done. Either they don't know the system and probably can't legally employ you. The other concern is they never get you the EP endorsed in your passport (they can't unless you arrive on a VDR) so you are illegal.

Hi
Thank you for your reply.

It was helpful for me.

Thank you