Divorce

Can a filipino citizen file a divorced in Vietnam to dissolve the marriage in the Philippines?

Oh, La La. If you cannot get divorced in your country then how do you expect it in a strange country?  If you Married Vietnamese then yes you can apply. But both parties are Filipino then you cannot.

Genahoney wrote:

Can a filipino citizen file a divorced in Vietnam to dissolve the marriage in the Philippines?

If it's two Philippine nationals, will your government respect the divorce even if you managed to get one in Vietnam?

As I understand from my many Filipino friends, divorce is not recognised by the government, so any subsequent marriage would not be legal.

The exception would be Filipino-Americans who are married in the States.  Two of my coworkers belonged in that group -- they're Filipino-Americans who were legally married and legally divorced in the States as US citizens.

Fred wrote:

If it's two Philippine nationals, will your government respect the divorce even if you managed to get one in Vietnam?

Last I knew from talking to Filipinos in Hawaii (admittedly at least 10 years ago,) the Philippines will not recognize a US divorce of Philippine citizens.  I don't expect they would be any different with a Vietnamese divorce.