Confused about Lagos

Hello,

I am writing to this forum to seek an honest assessment of a job offer with a multinational consumer goods company in marketing. The offer is for $5,500 per month, car+driver, fuel, accomodation, utlities (except cooking gas??!!)medical all paid. I also get 1 return air ticket for family, child education is free..

My query is:
How is the offer? Will I be saving a good amount?
How much will be my living expenses? Married with kid
Is Lagos safe for my family to even live alone when I am travelling?
What is the tax regime?
Is Ikoi better or Victoria Island? Are accomodations usually furnished?

Please help in this very important decision. thanks

hi in don't know how much that will be but i will tell you ikoyi is better than victoria island because victorial island is almost a work enviroment while ikoyi is safe to leave and quiet and better. Accomodation is almost furnish to make you confortable.

Hi Acrid,

I will try to answer your questions to best of my abilities:

How is the offer? Will I be saving a good amount?
-- Looking at your perks i think you can save approx 50% of your $5500. On Offer it depends upon what level you are joining the organization. This is good for mid management level.

How much will be my living expenses? Married with kid

If you don't have any vices, with occasional eating out, i think you will not be able to spend more than $2000 but than it all depends upon how you want to live and enjoy Lagos.

Is Lagos safe for my family to even live alone when I am travelling?

Lagos is as safe or unsafe as any other big metro in Asia like Mumbai or Karachi. So don't worry too much.

What is the tax regime?

Its 25% i guess for your salary scale. Not sure though.

Is Ikoi better or Victoria Island? Are accomodations usually furnished?

Furnished accomodation in Ikoyi has no match.

Cheers,

Ajay