New to Lagos per January 2013

Hi, my husband and I are moving to Lagos in January 2013. As a British citizen, I would like to join a British club. Does Lagos have one? We are bringing our cat, can anyone tell me if  Lagos has a pet shop and a vet? Thanks!

Yes, there is Pets Shop in Lagos, I see in my before treeps.
I will come to Nigeria in few weeks ,you can contact with me and I will inform the add bye

Ok thanks. Could you let me know the name of the pet store? I am only in Lagos by the end of January and would like my husband to go earlier to buy some stuff for the cat :)

Hi Fiona

I am Sujeet Indian and recently shifted to Lagos.

I have no idea about British Club but I will be more then happy to offer my hand in case of any support you require.

Welcome to Lagos.

Warm Regards
Sujeet

Hi Sujeet,

That is very kind of you. Perhaps see you in the New Year :)

There is a British Women's Group. They can be reached at [email protected]. I'm not sure about the cat questions. Best of luck!

Thanks a lot, I will look into it.

Hi,
If you're bringing your cat remember to look into getting an import permit for it so that it can gain entry to the country.  Let me know if you need more details.
Thanks
Sarah

Hi Fiona,

You might want to drop into the british high commission for some advice. Nigeria can be a lot of fun but be cautious. I know a couple of Ladies who work there. I could inbox one of their numbers to you.

Yes please, all the help will be welcome thanks! :)

There should also be a British council office in Lagos. They usually do cultural stuff, they have a library, videos rental etc. Great place to meet people

Ok, great! Thanks for your help :)

I am a Nigerian journalist.I can always assist.

Hello, just came across this thread.  Any advice for a good vet in Lagos? Thank you, Amy

Hi,

I live on the Mainland and go to a Vet called Pet Care Animal Hospital. It's quite basic but it's ok and really inexpensive and so far they've looked after my dog very well.
It has a Pet Shop attached to it where I buy all our dog's food toys etc..
Address details: 91 ,Opebi Road, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
vconnect.com/petcare-animal-hospital-ikeja-lagos_b69150
Thanks
Sarah

@ Admar > Please note that you are off topic here .

I invite you to create a new topic on the lagos forum concerning your job hunt and to ask your questions there.
Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hi Fiona,

Hope your move has gone well? I am currently considering a move to Lagos with my wife and young son (expat position with my company). I'd be interested to hear how you are finding the experience as a newly arrived Brit! Cheers...