Visting Nigeria back after 20 years :-)

Hi,

20 years ago I lived in Lagos for about 7 months.  To be honest : it was the time of my life :-). 

I will visit Nigeria (Lagos mainly) again early March 2013 for 2 weeks.

Who can help me to get in touch with western (US, West Europe) companies in Lagos ?

By the way, i am male, 43 years.  And coming from Belgium (Tokunbo country ;-)).

Cheers,
Hans

Hello Hans.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

What type of companies are you looking for?

Hope you'll be helped by other members soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

I am looking to start up a business in IT-support (fixing pc's, printers, mobiles, helpdesk, ...) for western (norvegian, finish, swedish, uk, us, belgian, german, french, ...) multinationals who have a branch in Lagos.

So those that are not big enough to have a local IT-nerd, but big enough to have demands that are not totally met by their HQ.  Those who could use an extra pair of hands/brains on the network/pc/server-issues

[Moderated: Please introduce yourself before giving out email addresses]

Hi Hans

I am waiting on financial close for a project which should be achieved in May. I will, for a second time, be setting up an office in Lagos this year and searching for accomodation. Last time I looked at 50+ flats and it was all very time consuming. Hard to find anything decent at under $75,000 per annum in advance. It is a sad state in Lagos.

New office should be available by October and will include flats above as we only need ground floor for an office. May have to live through renovations which will keep the rent low.

Also need IT support for our small but sophisticated small company.