Reviews - Viking Club @ Radisson Blu

Hello,

Anyone here is a member or visited Viking Club at Radisson Blu hotel? I'm looking for honest reviews before proceeding with the membership.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

In my opinion it's probably one of the best in the area.  I spent 3-months at the Radisson blu before I moved into my current residence. 

Basically the place has a little of everything:

There's a gym with indoor racket ball courts.  It's about 90% machines (cycles, elliptical , rowing, and good assortment of workout machines) and about 10% free weights.  They have a lot of classes ranging from crossfit, pilates, and karate that I think are included with the membership.

There are two pools.  One kids pool that has one lap lane, and one "adult" pool where everyone suns and cools off in the water.  Very relaxing and a good place for a "pool drink" if you catch my drift (nice scenery there too, while we're on that subject)

Beyond that is a couple beach volley ball courts.  There's a group that gets together friday and saturday around 8am that you can get in with for team play.  Nice group of guys.

You can fish of the back wall, and they have plenty of spots to hold your poles, etc.

You'll find the place very western and very easy going I think.

For me, personally it's just too expensive and too far away from me to fork over the cash but I can see the appeal for those who do join.  I'm more the sort that would spend the money on car parts  :D

I know a guy who might be able to sign you in for a day visit if you'd like.  Just PM me your first and last name and when you want to visit and I can get you on the books.  I want to say it was 25kd for a day pass on friday/saturday though.