Gift for people back home

I'm taking a trip back home in a few weeks... not sure 100% yet. What do you guys buy or take home from Germany or Europe to our family, friends back in the states?
Please don't say chocolate or candy hahaha

I had relatives visit last year and they showed interest in traditional German cloths like Lederhosen and Dirndls. I guess some people think such things are funny for Halloween or if they have a local Octoberfest type festival. For kids, a soccer jersey, t-shirt or cap was a hit. Seems lots of American kids now play soccer and either a German team motif or Bayern-München are popular. Cuckoo clocks and Beer-steins are often sold as souvenirs but are a bit passé these days.

Why not chocolate?!?
Germany has same of the best chocolate makers in the world (probably only topped by Swiss) and at the same time the world's lowest chocolate prices.
The last time before we went to my wife's country (not USA), we visited a huge maker's factory outlet and bought 7.5kg of their various delicacies - probably the cheapest way to be loved by her relatives.

beppi wrote:

Why not chocolate?!?
Germany has same of the best chocolate makers in the world (probably only topped by Swiss) and at the same time the world's lowest chocolate prices.
The last time before we went to my wife's country (not USA), we visited a huge maker's factory outlet and bought 7.5kg of their various delicacies - probably the cheapest way to be loved by her relatives.

I often used to take chocolate when visiting the States but then again, although the shelves are full of snickers and such stuff, there are other specialty chocolates available in the US, domestic or imported from places like Germany, Switzerland or Belgium. They just cost more than here.

But I'm guessing that it is just too obvious an answer for someone looking for new ideas.

One thing to be careful of if one does take candy is that some of the fancier chocolates made in Europe contain alcohol and will be confiscated at US customs if found. The reason is that they figure a kid will eat any chocolate they find and they should not be having access to alcohol.

I like the idea of soccer jersey, my nephews play soccers too so it's great. I think they're starting to play more soccer in the state now.

No chocolate because we can pretty much get any candy here... and I don't like giving food :D . When I'm in the state, I just never liked the idea of anyone gifts chocolate.. LOL