Can i get married in germany with visit visa

hello,

i really need help about this. cause we decided my bf to get married by next year by applying visit visa i am currently staying here in abu dhabi working permit. and i already him visit last august with the visit visa.my bf is eu citizen his Romanian

what were planning is i am gonna gather all my documents for married with authentication from the embassy with affidavit. after that i am gonna send him the documents.

while me i am gonna apply visit then go straight there. then were gonna registry.

what i am worrying of.how many days should i wait about the process of marriage in Germany. and when i apply for residency is there gonna be a problem since i go to Germany with visit visa just to get married?

It is not possible with a visit visa to get married. The foreign office usually does not allow it. Either you get married in your home country and then apply for a family reunion visa. Thats is possible.

If you are a foreign national getting married to a German citizen, it can impact your residence status. If you aren't living in the country yet, you may need to apply for a special visa. Non EU-nationals cannot enter the country on a visitor visa if they are planning to get married in Germany. The required German visa is usually valid for three to six months.

If you want to get married in Germany, you MUST enter the country with a marriage visa, for which you have to apply at your nearest German embassy beforehand (it can take months to get). Don't come on a normal visit visa!
German family registries are notorious for making it difficult for foreigners to marry here. So I really recommend marrying elsewhere (Denmark, Singapore or Las Vegas are easy options) and then apply for a family reunion to move to Germany.

Beppi,  Las Vegas, really? :huh: That's a poor suggestion.  Both the OP and the Romanian spouse would require visas to enter the USA, which carry significant costs and waiting times, not to mention the cost of traveling and staying in Las Vegas and returning home.

Perhaps a more practical option would be for her to meet her fiance in Romania instead and carry out the marriage there, on a visit visa, which is perfectly legal, low cost, and can be done in a reasonable time period (2-3 weeks).  At that point, a Family Reintegration visa can be applied for.

I was refering to places where (according to conventional wisdom, gathered from forums about that topic) it is easy for foreigners to marry, without much paperwork and waiting time.
Marrying in one of the couple's home countries might be easier (and possibly cheaper) still, but I don't know the rules of those countries.
But Germany is certainly not first choice in any of these respects!

beppi wrote:

I was refering to places where (according to conventional wisdom, gathered from forums about that topic) it is easy for foreigners to marry, without much paperwork and waiting time.
Marrying in one of the couple's home countries might be easier (and possibly cheaper) still, but I don't know the rules of those countries.
But Germany is certainly not first choice in any of these respects!

Fair enough :)

Well, not to steer too much off topic....Romania does include some bureaucracy of course, but seemingly it's far less of a hassle than German authorities make it to be, which to me, seems discriminatory in nature on the surface. 

Also, if I'm not mistaken, if the Romanian fiance has residence in Germany, they may be able to be married at the Romanian embassy...though I cannot comment if the German marriage visa requirement still applies or not.  It would be better to ask the Romanian embassy about this.

romaniac wrote:

but seemingly it's far less of a hassle than German authorities make it to be, which to me, seems discriminatory in nature on the surface.

Yes, discrmination is the word I would also use!
Unfortunately it's within German law and not going to change any time soon.

actually his already an EU national and his working in germany for more than 1 year.

cesspricx wrote:

actually his already an EU national and his working in germany for more than 1 year.

But the problem with him and a visa, the trouble is with your visa, which the solution has already been stated.