Looking for an apartment in London

Hello everyone - I will probably move to London in a few weeks and am also looking for an apartment. My job will be close to St Paul's cathedral and I would like to find a place in a nice area not to far away from my job (dont wanna spend too much money/time in the tube).

Thanks a lot for your help!

Hi Franck2011, :)

I suggest you to view this article : Accommodation in Uk, there are lots of information and useful links that i'm sure will help you in your search.

Wish you good luck
Christine

Check out the site primelocation.com
Look at the tube (tfl.gov) lines and see whats close to your work that will help narrow down a good location.

once you get here you will want to get an Oyster card so that you will receive discounted tube fares. You can also use the Oyster card on the buses.

St. Pauls is a great area. You've got Fleet Street, Thames River, Temple, Barbican, Tate Modern, Bourough Market all at your finger tips.

Goodluck!

I would agree with wmccooey, Primelocation may be the best option at this point for now until you arrive. But once you get here, forget using the internet because most of the time it is for advertising purposes only.

I don't know how much time you have, but I highly recommend that you start calling estate agents or walking into their offices to see what's available. Some estate agents will be nice and drop what their doing to take you out, while others will expect you to make an appointment.

My wife works near St. Pauls and we used to live in Fulham. Great area, but about 45 minute ride into the city (Mansion House). Other areas I would recommend would be Notting Hill, Hampstead, Angel/Islington, Borough/Bermondsey/London Bridge.