How to make friends in Jalisco

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Jalisco :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Jalisco??

Thanks in advance for your participation

For one month, say YES to all invitations you get. This is great advice for anyone new to a place, in your home country or abroad. Even if it's an event or activity you wouldn't normally be into, you can't help but meet new and interesting people.

If you're in a city with a Mexpat group, join! I just joined and have only attended one event so far, but it was well worth it. I met people of all ages and from all over the world, had some great conversations over a few drinks, and met some people in my industry too.

Go out! As Meredith said, the best way is to go out with Mexicans so you would now where to go and meet nice people that would invite you to somewhere else and so on.

For people in the Lake Chapala area, I'd suggest that people go to the Lake Chapala Society website, particularly the Classified Ads.  Go to the Community Section, and select the Seeking Category.  Then select the Just Friends topic.

Then write up a little paragraph about yourself and you'll meet a lot of people.  Be sure to give a way to contact you - email is preferred.

I know several people who have used this method and have met lots of new and interesting friends!

Jack

Hello Jack and welcome to Expat.com!

Thank you for the tips.
Just to note that this thread is a bit old (2010). ;)

Regards,
Aurélie