Libraries in Jeddah (& other more questions)

Are there any public libraries here in Jeddah? I've been searching on the internet for a while but I couldn't find one (except this library in some uni, i think). I am fond of books and it bothers me that I have nowhere to go when my hands are itching for more. If anyone knows where I can go without any fees, please comment down below.

Also, I'd like to ask if there are open mic nights for poetry or music? Not only do I want to be part of the said community but I also want to hone my talents and skills by sharing them.

And lastly, where can I find thrift/vintage shops for clothes and other stuff?

Thank you so much for taking time to read this. :)

Hi,
Have you tried contacting Colleges/Universities to access their libraries. I heard good things about King Fahad National Library in KAU.

You can always go to Jarir bookstore, sit there, and enjoy reading any book you like. They also have Starbucks in some branches, so you can enjoy your drink while reading. As for vintage things, you can check Al-Balad. I would also like to find poetry places since I write, or used to write, a lot. If you do find something, please tell me.

I wish you the best.
Cheers

wes_k wrote:

You can always go to Jarir bookstore, sit there, and enjoy reading any book you like. They also have Starbucks in some branches, so you can enjoy your drink while reading. As for vintage things, you can check Al-Balad. I would also like to find poetry places since I write, or used to write, a lot. If you do find something, please tell me.

I wish you the best.
Cheers

And there is a sign that says books not purchased cannot be taken to the café...

I am talking about buying coffee then going. But if that isn't allowed as well, then I am sorry. But basically you can go upstairs at Sari Branch and read as much as you want.

wes_k wrote:

I am talking about buying coffee then going. But if that isn't allowed as well, then I am sorry. But basically you can go upstairs at Sari Branch and read as much as you want.

Yes they also have a sign (no food or drinks allowed)

Not yet. But I will try to contact them. Thank you so much!

wes_k wrote:

I wish you the best.
Cheers

I thought of that actually. But I wish they had something like a cubicle so it won't be awkward. I am a really shy person.  :( Thank you so much for answering btw! Sure. You will be the first one I will contact here when I find one.

i love going to jarir and just hanging out...

rareshine wrote:

i love going to jarir and just hanging out...

Hanging out in Jarir .......well cant say anything to that  :joking::huh:

obviously with a book  :dumbom: