New members of the Jordan forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

Hi, my name is Umar Farouk and i am from Nigeria. I came to Jordan about a month ago for a year military course at the Royal Jordanian Command and Staff College close to the German Jordanian University in Madaba. i am here with my wife and 2 kids.

Welcome to Jordan Mr. Umar

Welcome!

Hi Cathy

Ufa4real wrote:

Hi, my name is Umar Farouk and i am from Nigeria. I came to Jordan about a month ago for a year military course at the Royal Jordanian Command and Staff College close to the German Jordanian University in Madaba. i am here with my wife and 2 kids.

Welcome on board  :cheers:

This is the first time I read that someone come to Jordan to do a military course.
How do you like Madaba?  Or you don't live there?

Mohammad Na wrote:

Hi Cathy

May I remind you that this site is not a dating site?
And I think it's quite disrespectful to ignore the newbie who take the time and effort to introduce himself.

Hello Umar,

I also agree with Primadonna, It's the first time I hear someone coming to Jordan for a military course.

How do you like Joedan do far? and since you came with your family and planning to stay for a whole year here, did you find a good school for your kids?

Peace, light and happiness.

Zeid

Thanks all. Thats strange, i guess most of the people that once came for such courses never knew that this forum exist. Madaba is quite lively, just the Language barrier but i am learning fast. 😅As for the schools, i am still searching for good ones in Madaba.

South African, new to Jordan, used to live in UAE- Dubai. In senior management. Love sport. Looking to make new friends

Hello there Rochsteph

Welcome to Jordan, I wish you a wonderful stay and I extend my friendship should you choose to accept it.

Have a wonderful day!

Zeid.

Welcome bro

Am a Nigeria too and planning of moving to Jordan, bro hw is life generally in Jordan?

Bro hw do u view jordan in terms of job opportunities for an english speaking person lyk me?

Hi Mattilight,

I think it is like everywhere else where it highly depends on your skillset and what are you looking for.

So do share a bit more to shed a light on those points if you like.

Have a great day!

Zeid

Thks for ur concern, and looking into the area of construction (bricklaying ) or hair cutting

Thank you Zeyd for the warm welcome

Thank you for the warm welcome 😬

Hello all,

I'm an American guy who finds myself in Amman with my wife and two baby daughters for at least the next 3 months.

Long story short, we find ourselves here due to Work permit/visa problems in Turkey forcing us to leave...

Also, my wife had a medical emergency stemming from malpractice and incompetence in Turkish private hospitals which caused her to be hospitalized for ten days in the most horrendous research hospital in Turkey.

In the interest of staying in the same time zone to hopefully continue managing my office in Turkey, while seeking a location with better healthcare options, Jordan was the most obvious choice.

We've already needed to go to the ER here in Amman once while here, and I must say the quality of care, and the cleanliness of the facilities in the private hospital put the hospitals in Turkey to shame.

So far we have not had much success getting a reasonably priced, family friendly, furnished apartment near markets and shopping areas (easily walkable)... I'm joining this forum to hopefully get some help and advice from the veteran expats here.

Regards,

Hi Junifer,
I'm looking for somebody to take care of a small apartment I live in on weekly bases part time. I live alone so the work is slightly low effort.
A waiting for your reply to communicate.
Best,
Edhard

iam jordanian.mechanical engineer.now working in U.A.E /abu dhabi.fonding of making friend all over the world.exchange culture activities

hello
im hani from jordan
dear visitors if you need help let me know !
good luck !

I'm enyagu Charles from Uganda,male single ,aged 28yrs and I have been in Amman Jordan 3 times and now back to Uganda but in need to take up any job out there in Jordan.advice please.

Hello to all. I am an experienced banker taking a one year sabbatical to travel the world and Jordan is on my bucket list. I would be glad for tips on where to stay and other tourist activities in Jordan. I would prefer a female tour guide if there are.

Sohlynn wrote:

Hello to all. I am an experienced banker taking a one year sabbatical to travel the world and Jordan is on my bucket list. I would be glad for tips on where to stay and other tourist activities in Jordan. I would prefer a female tour guide if there are.

Welcome on board  :cheers:

Are you looking for an experienced and professional female tour guide?
If so I can recommend someone but bear in mind there is a price tag attached.

you dont need a guide
just google 10 places to visit in jordan
and uber is available in this country !

Hi everyone
I am web developer  from Yemen currently visiting for few months. Hope to enjoy my stay and get to meet new friends.

Hello expat .. my name is wissam and i have a small car if you need Connecting from and to the airport only 10 Jd ,, feel free to contact me xxx

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello and welcome:)

Hi all my name is Mohammad I am from Amman, I work as a translator for a german organisation. I would like to meet new people and friends, feel free to contact me

Hello everyone! I am new here... Glad to join you!

Hello welcome to jordan Mr.Umar i am a American citizen jordanian nationality i came from the US August2017 to work in logistics for the US airforce in Azraq please let me know if you need anything out here

Hello everyone,

This is Rana. I'm local living in Amman and working as an Arabic language for non Arabic speakers teacher. I love my job since I get the chance to meet ppl from all over the world. Therefore I would like to welcome you all here in Jordan and wish u a pleasant stay.

I'm Kenyan just moved to Jordan recently. Please help me with any Kenyan or east African contact. Not searching for a job

Kutto

Hello
My name is Lori, I am moving to Jordan in late January 2018. I plane to extend my business here and I hope start a new life for myself.
I ran into walls and got cut and bruised in my past, but I only hope now to learn from it grow from it, and move on.
I want to meet people, make friends, business and family. I hope my contribution to Jordan is something that can be remembered in a good way❤️

my name is Qasem ,am citizen living in irbid , looking for good friends from different countries.
I can speak Arabic and English

you are welcome all  :)

Hi all,

i am Mostafa from Egypt, i am supposed to come to Jordan for Work soon in Amman Area, looking forward for this experience as it is my first Long term work experience outside my country, so i am a bit anxious about it but hopping for the best and to see the beautiful sights in Jordan n get to know n make friends with its Friendly people

Thanks

Hello,
My name is Gaith,
I'm new to expat.com
i'm studying pharmD in Jordan
Goodluck Guys

Hey
My name is Enas, I am from Jordan.
I am teaching Arabic for non Arabia speakers as a freelancer.

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : unsupported language
Ghaith.helmond wrote:

Hallo
Ik ben Ghaith en komt uit Irak :)

Ahlan wa sahlan, welcome and welkom  ( ;) ) on.board.

As this is an anglophone forum could you please stick to English only so everyone can understand what you were saying.

Thank you.

Closed