New in Jordan

Hello to all the expats in Amman, my name is Anna, I'm from Australia and just arrived in Amman a couple of weeks ago. I am thrilled to be in the middle east and to live in Jordan, but also I am bit lonely at the moment, because of the lack of new friends. So I would love to make new friends, meet people, fellow expats and of course international minded Jordanians. I like to go out for a drink in the evening, have a coffee or tea in a nice place, see a movie, opening of art galleries, anything to get out of the house :):):)

Who is in??

hello anna,

i think i can help you!
i know very well how isolated i feel for some years after i arrive hear!

i think you have to visit the next get-together!
there you get to know many nice people.

you are also welcome to contact me and we can afford to go there together!!

regards

habana

::)

Ahlan wa Sahlan Anna,

Welcome in Jordan and welcome on board on this site.
I hope you will like it here.

Kate and me want to have a high tea party somewhere in Amman.
If you like you can join us.
This invitation is also for the other members, so if you want to join us, please let us know so we can organise a time and date.

Ah...a high tea party..like in the UK...will you wear tea hats? What's the date and time? I guess noon, yes, as you called it high tea :)

Pls let me now when is the meeting since now in Amman

I was so excited in reading how many people were willing to meet up...and then saddened that Anna had to leave. I hope it was for good reason.

I will be arriving in town on the 25th of April for two months and will post as it approaches in the hopes of getting this same response. :) Looking forward to coffee....tea...drinks...art...

Jenn

:D

Salam, people! If your meetings are open for men too, I'd be interested in joining. I live a few minutes away from the Northern gate of the University of Jordan and have a relatively flexible schedule.

I'll keep an eye on this thread for updates.

Hi Anna

Actually [strange coincidence] I am also Australian, and have been here 17 days.

We have relocated here for work from Doha - happy to meet up with a country cousin, we live in Abdoun. I am based on the Dead Sea so mostly this rules out nights but Fri-Sat is open. If you want to meet us for breakfast tomorrow morning, near our place (opposite of Taj Mall) is a small [nice] restaurant called Blue Fig, happily will buy you breakfast as a treat.

Let us know.

Bill & Anchalee

e: [email protected]

^_^ you are very welcome Anna I got a friend here from Australia he is so amazing ! if we can communicate i will introduce em for you ^_^ One more time you are so welcome :)

So....Who is up for a meetup? :) Settled in Amman and ready to find some people to explore with. The Blue Fig is amazing...drinks anyone? Or...?

Hello Anna,
Welcome to Jordan. I wish you a pleasant stay. :)

Utmost welcomed Anna to the dreamland Amman :D I wish you a nice stay with us! Hopefully things are perfect with you now.

Very best!

hi Anna , ur  welcome
i am in
i am really board here , donno what to do !! cant even drink secretly

What do you mean,you can't even drink secretly ? as far as i know we can even drink openly in Bar i mean :)

hi anna .

New to Jordan as educator. My wife is due here on the 21st with our son. I would be interested in meeting and getting to know people so when she arrives there are already friends and contacts in place.

where please tell me where?!!!!

I hang out a lot with my Expat friends,mayb u shud join us sometime soon