New members of the Cambodia forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

Thanks!

Shiela R Castillo wrote:

Thanks!

:thanks:

Tammy bit sure which negative post your reading, but I have spent all good bit of time here in Cambodia and have seen very little on the negative side. Some people come expecting things that are unrealistic and are there fore disappointed. Like all countries if you can accept what is with a positive attitude then it will be good. I read some of the negative posts and can't comprehend as I have bothered any of that stuff. Cambodia is not perfect in every way but it has its pluses. The life is slower paced  and the people friendly but regardless of where you are you have to be careful. Hope this helps, feel free to ask  questions about specific concerns.  Good luck to you.
Daymon

Hello coetam.

You are already a member for more than two years, still you put an off--topic post on the New Members section, meant for new members to introduce themselves.

Please start a new thread about your worries and let's end the discussion here.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

Hi everyone! I've been in Phnom Penh for a while but really haven't introduced myself. So here I am, greetings y'all! During this time here I haven't seen many spanish teaching jobs or anything of the sort (if you know about one, let me know!). However,  I was thinking, if anyone's interested in learning spanish, to form a study group or tutoring, let me know!

Hi everyone,

My name is Fareed.  I am a Singaporean and have set up a training business in PP.  Moving to PP to manage the business from December 2017.  Would love to network and make new friends.  Hope to catch up for a drink sometime with members from this forum.

Welcome to  Phnom Penh the city and the country are fantastic!

Thanks for the welcome twinsguy.

Welcome on board Fareed, have a great time here!

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

Thanks Joe.  Looking forward to network and meet more people.

Hello all. I'll move to Cambodia soon for work. I need to know some further information about life in Phnom Penh, Cost of life for me, my wife, and a 3 years aged child, and what is the minimum accepted gross salary for a Android Software Developer in Phnom Penh

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I cant answer your question but I expect you will be looking for accommodation when you arrive, if you can tell me what you are looking for and your budget, I can assist you.

Kind regards

Naim

Hi, you could also look at the housing section on this site.

Naim

Hi,

I am running a hospitality training school in Phnom Penh.  Looking forward to offer scholarships to youngsters from disadvantaged background.  If you can advise on how to manage this would be greatly helpful.

Fareed

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : For your own safety please avoid sharing your personal contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

We can chat tonight but not during the game...ha ha ha

Hi Friends,

I am 56 and a business consultant by profession, primarily help develop and address new markets, internationally and in India. However, am more interested in teaching now and focusing on the social sector. I speak native English.

I will be in Phnom Penh between 12-21 Dec 2017. This is an exploratory visit to interact with locals and expats. I plan to shift permanently in February 2018.

Look forward to meeting all interested to do so

Look forward to catching up and exchanging notes.

Best,

Himmat

helo  everyone  am  christbrown    a  new  member  join  today  thanks

Welcome enjoy your stay, read these post they are extremely informative, especially the visa requirements, khmer jo has a nice easy to follow explanation for this

christbrown123 wrote:

helo  everyone  am  christbrown    a  new  member  join  today  thanks

Welcome on board Christbrown, hope you have a great time here.

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

Hi I am from Nepal,  37 years old, I have been in cambodia for 4 yrs now have plan to move sweeden,I have working here and  I have a good income, and I would like to keep work in future. So that I just like to go Sweden and visit around there. But I think visa might be have problems.. .. .

Regards,
Durga

Hi Fareed,

Could we meet again, when would be convenient for you?

Hi naimkhanturk > as this topic is about the introduction of new members, and if you want to speak to a member on this thread, you should please contact the person privately by using your private message system. Thank you

Hi there,

I have a cambodian girlfriend and want to investigate buying a house in a provincial area

Regards

Welcome on board, search in the housing section of the area you would like to live.

Have a nice stay.

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

Hi Zfargerst,

There are somethings you need to know. Firstly foreigners cannot on land, houses, villas, shop houses or apartments above them, however, they can own condos. If you are considering buying a house in the province, you will have no rights to the ownership,
your partners name will appear on the title deed and you have no rights to the property or land.

You can protect yourself slightly by having a nominee structure drawn up by a lawyer in which it states that your partner cannot sell, rent, mortgage the property without your consent, also under Cambodian law, if your partner was to pass away then the ownership of the property will be transferred to her family, the nominee structure prevents this.

However, even though the nominee structure is a legal document it is not recognised under the Cambodian constitution, yes a grey area.

I don't want to put you off, however, you need to be aware of the property laws in Cambodia and strongly suggest that you speak with a reputable law firm for your own peace of mind, as they should be able to guide you on this matter. As we say in the UK, "better safe than sorry".

Apart from that welcome!

Hi guys!!

Looking forward on going in Cambodia this March of 2018. And i will be doing my "job hunting" as well. Customer service or Hospitality field. Hope you can help me where i can start. :) thanks.

Welcome.

For the job hunting please follow the jobs section, you can also put a free advert in it yourself.

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

Thanks joe! But is it really easy to find a job in cambodia somehow?

Hello.

Finding a job easily is totally personal. Know what you are looking for. know where you want to live, then go there and look at interesting employers. If you're really good at it, write your CV, print it out, hire a local motodop (moto taxi) and at each employer on your list you stop and given them your CV, tell them you will call the manager (ask name) for an appointment later. Think of 9x nothing but then bingo.

Good luck!

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

Hi everyone. I'm Rainier from Philippines.
I'm planning to move in Phnom Penh by January next year.
Currently on the look out for an apartment, however, as I was browsing at the ads and sending PM to the landlord, I got block, since I have the same messages for them and copy-pasting it.

Hope to see you around in Phnom Penh, when I settled there.

Cheers.

naimkhanturk wrote:

Hi Zfargerst,

There are somethings you need to know. Firstly foreigners cannot on land, houses, villas, .... etc

As I understand it there are also the naturalization options
namely ...  pay 310 k / stay 7 years /  3 yrs + married.
Guess this is a good place to ask if this is internet myth or if these realities actually happen for people.

... and Hello Forum !!!
I'm Drew and I will be starting out In Siem Reap in a fortnight.
Hope to meet some of you sooner or later.

Hello, welcome on board this forum.

Please keep threads on the forum threads where they belong, thanks.

Hope you have a good time here.

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

Hi! I am Samantha, I'm from Australia. Still in Australia until 20 February 2018, when I first go to Bali. I will book my flight to PNH next.

I am TEFL qualified and looking to do some volunteering, without having to pay to do this! If I get some paid work, that would be also great, I can stay on for a while. TEFL is new to me, so I have many skills in other areas. I am currently working as a Pet Sitter with Mad Paws in Perth, Australia. I am also an actress, visual artist, singer, writer.. I am very creative! I have studied Animal Attending, Visual Art (Fine Art and Art History partial University studies), Digital Animation, Graphic Design, Music, Aromatherapy.. Heaps of stuff! I have lots of knowledge about life that didn't come from books as well.

Welcome aboard this forum Samantha.

Hope you will have a pleasant stay in Cambodia.

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

Thank you very much Joe!

:thanks:

Welcome to the group.

Thanks! Good to be here.

Hi all. I will be arriving in Cambodia in September this year after some time spent in Japan and Vietnam. I'm retiring out of decades doing Information Technology Program Management for large technology companies in the Silicon Valley. I'm done with work and will be taking my social security retirement plus savings and a desire to live my own dream doing some vagabonding wherever the urge takes me. I'll spend some time in Japan first and then head over to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city for six months. Then head to Phnom Penh. Mostly here for advice on day to day life and things to see. I don't know where I'll go after and that's half the fun.

Welcome on board this forum. hope your vagabonding gives you the satisfaction you're looking for.

Joe
Cambodia expat--advisor
Expat.com team

Closed