Move to cambodia and create a new business

Hi all my names Shannon and I'm a 24 year old male. I was born in Wellington , New Zealand and live on the Gold Coast of Australia. I have been travelling since I was 17 and have visited Europe once and most countries in SE Asia atleast 5 times. I'm currently planning to move to either Cambodia or Thailand to open a small business to keep me occupied and allow me to live that more relaxed easy going lifestyle I love about Asia.

I'm happy I found this web site and will be asking many questions before my big move in October.

Cheers
Shannon

Glad to see you! What kind of business do you interested to do?

Hi Shannon welcome cambodia if u have some good idea and u need a business partner I'm looking for a work too
Paolo

Hi Shannon,

I have created a new thread with your posts on the Cambodia forum for more visibility and to help you to talk freely with the other members.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Nice to see you. I also would like to start a business in Cambodia so I hope we can share information that would help.

VikingNomad wrote:

Hi all my names Shannon and I'm a 24 year old male. I was born in Wellington , New Zealand and live on the Gold Coast of Australia. I have been travelling since I was 17 and have visited Europe once and most countries in SE Asia atleast 5 times. I'm currently planning to move to either Cambodia or Thailand to open a small business to keep me occupied and allow me to live that more relaxed easy going lifestyle I love about Asia.

I'm happy I found this web site and will be asking many questions before my big move in October.

Cheers
Shannon

Kia ora

Welcome to the forum. I would suggest Cambodia as an easier country to set up a business. Thailand is definitely much harder.
Just make sure you do some in depth research before committing yourself to anything. You should spend some time in country checking things out.

HI, Hello everyone and anyone;

I am in PP on 7 AUG. You can reach me on [email protected]. I am interested to discover what business ideas are possible in PP.....Anyways, on the lighter side, will be happy to welcome anyone to join me in sightseeing or catch a meal or a walk together.

Lets keep in touch. Hope to make some real friends.

BEST wishes, LOUISE

Hi Shannon,  My name is Lawrence I live in Phnom Phen.  My stepson has a tuk tuk service and would be happy to pick you up at airport and we can book your hotel if you want just give me the price range and your needs.  My email is [email protected].  His English is fair for here and he is reliable and honest.  If you have any questions at all feel free to fire away.  Regards Lawrence

Hi i want to set up a business aswell in either Thailand,Cambodia or Singapore.I am in Fashion .I am a designer .I've contacted a lawyer and to setup business in Thailand is hard indeed but possible.You must hire at least 4 Thai workers to be able to set up a business.Also 51 percent will be of a Thai owner.(sort of ) Complicated :) I woul love to have some tips to.About Cambodia,Thailand or Singapore cause i want to set up something to :)

Setting up a business in Cambodia is currently easy however that may change if they follow the ways of Thailand
Just remember bring what dollars you can afford to write off ; many fairy brain people
here with no money and many great ideas.     Ready for a partnership and your money
My business is Real Estate in SR

Michael Kean

Hello...

Here are the basic requirements and fees i found on the webs: doingbusiness.org/data/exploreeconomies/cambodia/starting-a-business

Hope it helps.

Lood Guck!
and Cake Tare..