Need advice..

Hi I am an american woman. I recently started seeing a Jordan man. He's very loving and protective of me. He treats me better than anyone has ever treated me. He told me he was in love with me very early into our relationship. He just recently told me he was married but the marriage was not happy and he planned on leaving even before we met. I told him I wanted to end it or put things on hold until he was divorced. He cried to me and begged me to be patient and it wilk happen. He says there is alot of legal and financial issues he has to work out with her family if he divorces. He promises me he loves me and only me. I have never met anyone who loves me so much and treats me so well. I have to wonder though do you think he will really leave his wife??  Is this something that happens alot?  Should I stay and wait?  He claims he does nit even share a bedroom with her in their home. I love him with all my heart but do not want to be involved with a married man. He tells me it's like he's already divorced because he only belongs to me and its just going to be a process which I have to be patient. Is he really going to leave his wife?

Welcome on board  :cheers:

Although your concerns are private and in fact has nothing to do with expatriates, I understand and feel what you are going through. But we are not able to give you the answers where you are looking for.
Your "date " is the only one who can give you the answers.
Although I am fully aware that maybe there is slight change that he's not telling the truth.

As a matter of fact, for a man its very easy to divorce but depending on his marriage contract, he can face some difficulties to arrange in, as he claimed, legal and financial ways.  I'll guess it will be the financial part that's what he's afraid off. If he has children or she's pregnant he's is financial responsible for them. That means he must support two families which can be a burden for him.

Every man can be charming prince and treat you as a queen and give you the feeling that you are special. Arab men are very good in that. But does this continue after you are married?

If you have doubts,  keep distance and wait until he's divorced. Talk to him and explain your concerns with him.
Don't rush anything until you have a good feeling about this.

Take care and I wish you strength and wisdom to solve this.

Thank you so much for your advice!!  That helps and means alot!!

Please PLEASE don't let yourself get attached until you're sure he is divorced!

I'm trying not to.. Thank you!!

Hi~.

Well, I would suggest you consider these things:

First, why does he want to leave his first wife? Did she wrong him? (Cheat, is she materialistic, etc)??
Is she also Arab?

Do you have a visa or citizenship to another country that his first wife does not have?

Be careful. If he didn't present himself honestly to you on his best foot... He might not be the best man..

Also... Be aware just as he left the first wife.. maybe he might easily do that with you when he meets someone else..

Suggest everything on hold as you mentioned before and think it over. Also, I think it is best you suggest to him to try marriage counseling. (If not available here, suggest online courses)