Documents for Marriage for US Citizen in Amman

Hello, I am an American getting married in Jordan this year. The priest has asked me to provide documents proving I have not been married before from the church and the government. However, the US does not offer such documents. I'm wondering if there are any other Americans that have been married in Jordan and what documents you ended up submitting. Thanks in advance!

I am not American but as far as I know, the US does offer such documents.  US Embassies generally offer what is called a "Civil Status Certificate" or an "Affidavit of Civil Status" which usually serves this purpose.  I have a few American friends who have used this document to get married in the Middle East - not Jordan though.

Hello,

As an Australian I need to provide my previous Marriage Certificate and Decree Nisi to obtain a 'No Impediment to Marriage' from my Embassy. From the state government (Births, Deaths and Marriages) where I dwell in Australia, I also applied for a 'Single Status' document, which may be accepted instead.

Regards,
SON