Apartment in London

I would like to come to London around April/May 2011 for some months to learn English.
I am looking for a room in a shared apartment or a room at an English family. I want to live with natives to communicate on daily base.
Do you know what costs I should be prepared for and where I could find such apartment?
Do you know anybody having a room to rent?
Many thanks
Ania

Hi Ania, :)

You should view the London classifieds > accommodation section -flat share, house share and post an advert there as well.

I wish you good luck and i hope you get replies soon.
Christine

many thanks christine!!

It is very very difficult to find a decent place to stay in London. Although many people recommend gumtree.com as a source to find accommodation, be very careful. Nigerian scam mails have become all too common and I've met several people already who have been fooled out of their deposit money for non-existent accommodation. Do not give deposits in cash to anyone unless you deal with a letting agent with a valid office you can visit.

Just some advice.

@ rebanti
Thank you for posting that! I plan to try moving there some day so I will keep that in mind.

Hi Anusia,

I'm currently living in London and looking for a flat/house to rent from mid April. I work as research maanger in a publishing house company in London. My english is not perfect but I can speak xith the people (and that's really difficult sometimes to understand a british...).

I'm looking for people to share this flat/house with me.

I'm living in London for 3 months now and the cost of living is really expensive. I want to find something at £500 per month and per person (all bills included: gas, electicity, council tax,...)

If you are interested in, please contact me by email ([email protected]).