Improve German language with Tandem

Language lessons are expensive. I find interesting for German people and us as expats to find a tandem partner and exchange language practice. Speaking one hour German and one hour the foreign language. This is a good way to improve and save money. And maybe find new friends.

How could we promote this practice?

Hi, Angelo!

There are many websites where you can find language partners: www.interpals.net, www.italki.com, www.languing.com, just to name some.
You can create your profile and look for German speakers who are learning Italian.

Good luck,
Licia

Thanks Licia
I'm checking them right now.
Is it possible to meet in person with those websites or are the contacts throu internet?

Ciao, Angelo

Of course, you can meet your language partner in person, if you are sure to meet him/her. But if you want to attend language-related events or sharing your interests with other people, then I suggest you to check meetup.com, where you can find events and groups. Also here, you can create your profile and join groups you like. You just have to type your interest(s) as keyword(s) and your location. And the system lists all the nearest events and groups.

Ciao, ciao!
Licia

Thank you Licia
your suggestions are precious and you are very kind!
I used to work not far from you, in Brianza :-)

I used to have language exchange classes back then when I stayed in South Korea to learn Korean....I found it to be really effective as it is a 1-to-1 session and you could really cater to your individual needs on certain aspect of the language better rather than when you attend language classes...i found myself to be more active and it really helps to improve the language quickly, provided that you have a very dedicated language exchange partner...I am currently staying in Freiburg and have just started a new session to learn German....I sure do hope that this will be an effective alternative to joining a language class!

After a little bit more than one month, the suggested website gave no result at all. The second one in the list appeared to be the most interesting because I got answers immediately, but after the people disappeared. The only propositions I continue to receive are with cost, while I'm looking for an exchange between peers.
I give this information to whom searching for the same thing :-)

I mentioned this in a previous thread, but another place you could try is through a university. Some universities have a system for matching up tandem partners - I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can get involved even if you're not a student. Happy to be corrected if that's not the case! Anyway, it's worth a shot enquiring with your local university. :)

Thank you very much exsiddy.
My bad, I saw your post and I didn't make the connection. Your idea sounds very good.

Cheers, Angelo

You're welcome. Let us know how you get on!