Dealing with homesickness in Jordan

Hello everyone,

Being an expat in Jordan can turn out to be a wonderful human, social or professional adventure... with potential moments of nostalgia and homesickness along the way.

What are your personal tips to prevent homesickness?

How do you deal with such feelings?

Are there shops or stores offering products from your home country in Jordan? Or maybe venues with music and ambiance from your homeland?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Homesickness is just a way of life when you are not in your home country.  You just have to live with it.  Surround yourself with friends and the things you love.  Indulge yourself often and know that it's not forever.  Toughen up, it's the only way.

Homesickness is a state that people cant overcome even if they moved to the best places on earth deep down you still feel homesick missing your life,Family,Friends and memories. We learn to adapt with time with the new lifestyle and the people we surround ourselves with.

You can even feel homesick when you moved in your home country away from everything you know.
But the impact can be huge if you are abroad.
What worked for me was staying connected with my home country: keeping up with the news,  watching some tv channels, introduce some traditions you feel good about it, cook your favourite meals if possible and stay in touch online. Now days it's easier than back days.  But also embrace your new surroundings, explore as much as you can and keep your mind open.
Even now there are some days that I wish I was back and I let it come to me, knowing the next day it's gone.

I never forget the first moment when I was in the big supermarket  in a big mall when I saw some products which I knew from my home country. And to read my language on the package.

I feel homesickness, but trying to prevent it moving with the friends.  I saw some products to be sold in some markets which come from my home country. so i got happy..