Living in Cam Ranh

Any Ex-Pats living in Cam Ranh? Do you intend to stay there, or...???

HI,

I live in Nha Trang not too far away from Cam Ranh but a little more well organized.
Can Ranh is good only for the airport.
I was where to have a look but there is really nothing interesting.
Max

Donald Trump has built a golf resort close to Cam Ranh that hosted the Miss Universe contest a few years ago.  Since then a number of additional resorts are in the early process of developement.  I think Cam Ranh is seeing the early moments of growth that will soon make it a popular place to live.

Hi dongbathin,

Cam Ranh is an ideal place for retirement but not for young people. Why do you want to stay there? If you're working in hospitality or restaurant, you can find a job there, else it's difficult

Yes.  I will be retiring soon and plan to spend part of a year in Nha Trang/Cam Ranh and part here in the US.  I have been to Nha Trang 4 times in the past few years and I think it is the most beautiful place on earth.

I have heard of a couple of expats that live in or around the Cam Ranh area, but not a lot. There is much mere to see and do for an Expat 45 km nrth in Nha Trang

Owee

Hi, Owee.  I'll be in Nha Trang the end of the month.  Will stop in to see you and talk about it.  Getting snow now in Wahington, DC.

Owee, you are quite right about sleepy Cam Ranh. It has its flavor for those who want a quiet time and a bit of exploring into the mtns around Khanh Son and Khanh Vinh districts too. Some fantastic views enroute up there after the valley going west from BA Ngoi/Cam Ranh town along the river. I do enjoy a bit of Nha Trang myself and will be sure to look you up next I visit. I even took the train from Cam Ranh to Nha Trang and back last visit just to get the local flavor and found everyone accommodating to me. The common people are the best hosts.
While getting a haircut today in Edmonds, WA State I found out the gal cutting my hair is from Ninh Hoa where I spent a yr during the war days. We had some interesting conversation. How small the world is becoming for us all.