Moving to Yanbu

Will be relocating to Yanbu to join my husband who is working for Aramco.  Would be grateful for any information about a Yanbu to get an idea of what to expect.  Especially about accommodation.

Hi Junemcmillan,

you can probably find some info by viewing other topics on the Yanbu forum: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=810 , for accommodation search, try to post an ad in the housing in Yanbu section.

I wish you good luck,
Christine
Expat.com

I've searched forums but all posts seem to be fairly old.  Have heard from husbands work colleagues varying reports of how restricted I'll be depending or where we livr

junemcmillan wrote:

Will be relocating to Yanbu to join my husband who is working for Aramco.  Would be grateful for any information about a Yanbu to get an idea of what to expect.  Especially about accommodation.

Accommodation in Yanbu is not in abundance, so prices might be higher than expected.

For exapts, I am aware of two compounds (Arabian Homes, which is located in Yanbu Al-Bahr, and the Cove, which is located in Yanbu Industrial City). Both are very expensive and they have websites where their contact information are enlisted.

For accommodation in the Royal Commission, Yanbu Industrial City, the price for a three-bedroom apartment could be as high as 65,000 SAR per year, paid as one or two payments.

For accommodation in Yanbu Al-Bahr, it is way cheaper but located few miles further from the refinery. Houses and apartments there have lower safety and convenience standards. A three-bedroom apartment, however, could be as low as 30,000 SAR per year.

Regards,