First Day in Yanbu !!!!

what you will do differently if you get the chance to go back in time on your first day in Yanbu !!!

I will go and find a Padi shop and start diving, it took me about 4 years to get this step done

DrSchon wrote:

what you will do differently if you get the chance to go back in time on your first day in Yanbu !!!

I will reconsider LSB's offer and never look back!..:/

I would love to immediately rush to: 1) find a job 2) make a friendship with Europeans  3) start learning anything (courses, school,attend classes or some simple hobby)

Cos life is soooo much boring, dull here in Yanbu :( really nothing to do n very hard to build relations with conservative Saudi families. Your every attempt to start some conversation/ relations would be assumed as a rude try to enter one's private life :(

and finally im feeling nthng now ratha than sorry for loosing nearly one year of ma life here :(

Adelja,
I understand your feelings about Yanbu as it might not be what you expected before coming but I can assure you that there is a lot for you to do as a teenager .

finding a job will be difficult for a foreign teenager and communicating with Saudi Families is a little bit hard and I believe that you have noticed already that there is almost no Russians in Yanbu!.

but still you can learn a lot of things ( I would be more than happy to teach you Arabic if you were a male but I will try to find a female teacher for you but you can start online,there are a lot of videos on the internet for Arabic learning) you can practice a lot of hobbies( go to Jarir bookstore and you can get a lot of ideas and books about hobbies, grab a book about this hobby and some tools then start practicing, it works)

Do you know that there is Gym with swimming pool for females in RC, go there and I assure you that you will have many friends there( there is a lot of girls and women who like to have a friendship with expats)
also I will search if there is any religious schools for females that you can join( I know about Quran schools where they teach Quran but most probably, you need to learn Arabic first)

at the end cheer up you r too young to be depressed