In algeria we don't celebrate Xmas

people think that ALGERIAN people celebrate Xmas .. but we don't we celebrate Religion  Party "Eid" but we never celebrate Xmas .. people buy cake and pretend make Xmas they only want to be foreigner but they don't it's look like black man said loudly i'm white !! be sure we never celebrate that xmas and people do that party they only tricks you or pretend .. foreigner do that xmas they at least christian ! so it's nothing offender ..but only to say we muslim had Ramadan,and two eid Xmas it's only for foreigner!!!

Err ... I guess everybody already knows that ?

Normal things we don't have Christian why we pretend we are !!
only 3 or 4 church in Algeria ..only to say Algeria is the only country are 99% Muslim..we haven't people clean shoes at Street and that what Make Algerian Unique and never Give up ,and he Always we keep Head up :)

hi,
first i would like to say tht am Muslim n proud...but i also want to add that no one should judge or care about aht others do or celebrate it s a personnel freedom that we all cherish soo much but never apply when it comes to others.
even if Muslims celebrate Christmas so wht? dnt we "Muslims"believe in Jesus and respect him? so why be so severe with the people that celebrate his Birthday?
i personally dnt celebrate it...not because am against it but i jst dnt...the only thing i do during that period is buy gifts for my Christian best friend and wish all the other Christians that i knw a merry Christmas...
islam is about forgiveness and tolerance so why the judgment?

Hi, the answer of why we celebrate Birth of Prophet and don't celebrate Xmas..is very simple we are muslim ..also we are sure that prophet is born in hijri date ..and we don't buy gift for el mowled we don't put candle even firework it's only business stuff not related to islam ..and jessus birthday isn't 24 or 25 or 1 jan or 6 jan !!! and if we share issa be peace on him we can start from Adam,Hawa,idriss,danielle,abraham,ismail,jacob,joseph,noah.......so we get 25 or more hollydays !!  but i don't mean that at all ..i meant don't be christian more then christian because no christian care about eid El fitre i bet you if they ask or know about your eid!! anyway just related to the area if you live near el quabaa you will be more religious and if you live near hollywood you will be more actor..

Algerians for the most part do not celebrate Christmas, yet I see Christmas decorations being sold. And several shops decorate their shops with Christmas decor in Alger.

Algerians do however think all expat celebrate it. And Algerians also like to mimic others by celebrating New Year.

i had many friends , almost a new the culture of almost all country .. Algerian people had many old party .. kabyle celebrate "Yanier" it's Yanos the God of open door .. we take it from Numedian and roman culture .. but when we are muslim we try to be good muslims and only celebrate own things .. even xmas iss only business stuff .. many gift,many trees and many party .. i like family gathering .. American create the things givin to had all family in one night eating turkey .. i'm not against xmas .. just wanted to say .. some Algerian do that , they want to be christian but they can't ..they try to sell stuff and that's all ..

I live in Algeria for 5 yrs now ... every Jan 12 I see all my neighbours and city celebrating Yennayer or trieze as it is also called.

Many non - Islamic celebrations are held. Like Achoura or Moulad. Both are considered bidah in Islma. I am not agianst Xmas either. Or any celebrations here in Algeria. I am just replying to your topic.