Getting married in Algeria

Hi all,

We invite all the ones who got married in Algeria or who are about to get married in Algeria to participate in this thread :)

What are the formalities to get married in Algeria? Is it the same for a couple of foreigners of for a mixed couple (between a foreigner and a native of Algeria)?

Are the procedures complicated?

How long does it take to carry out all the formalities?

Thank you in advance for participating,

Armand

hi! i'm romanian and my boyfriend is algerian, we hope we will get married by the end of the year :) i will tell you what papers you need for a mariage of this type,mariage with a foreign. but i have to warn you that it's not gonna be easy at all,if you get married with an algerian and you decide to live in algeria it's perfect,but if you want to bring your husband/wife back with you in your native country it's very difficult,almost imposible,in spite the fact that you are married. you need lot of patience,you'll face many obstacles :( i don't want to scare you...but it's worth it in the end :heart: ok the papers:passport,id,birth certificate,celibate certificate(a paper that says you are single),medical tests,for my boyfriend was needed his record too and a paper that shows he is algerian citizen,also very important:D from the mayor in the city where he lives you need an approbation to get married,hope i didn't miss something,but to be more sure go to police departament where you are registrated and ask,because in algeria is not all places the same,there are some differences from town to town,and region :D good luck! :happy:

there's more :D all papers have to be translated into french and make copies by all the papers,do no let your original papers,because you will never get it back,in algeria you can make new papers all the time,as many as you want and they don't  understand that we have only one original,so make certified copies to a nottary.bye:D

Thank you for your contribution Micheline! :)

You don't need no translation to get married in Algeria

I have noticed this topic has been inactive for sometime.  I am wondering if anyone has an update on the subject of getting married in Algeria for a British citizen  (man) to and Algerian citizen  (woman).
What are the requirements,  what documents are needed in Algeria. 
Also roughly how long does the process take.
The Algerian consulate in London could not help at all. Their reply was contact Algeria.

Hey I was just wondering if you had got married yet? I'm hoping to get married to my algerian boyfriend next year and was wondering how long your process took and the documents you needed?
Any information would be much appreciated.

I am Indian Muslim male living in Dubai and willing to find & marry Algerian girl. Please advise how I need to proceed.

I can help if you are british and what papers you need your birth certificate, certificate of no impediment, passport and they need to be translated into french
you can send me a message

Be careful.  There is ORGAN TRAFFICKING in Algeria.  You could be killed for this reason alone, and they will get away with it.

Did you get any answers to your questions? I got married in Batna last September.

I'm british married by Imam 1 year ago, now I am in Algeria waiting on the police report to say if we can get married by government.  It's taken nearly 3 months to get this far and it's driving me crazy.  I just want to give up and return home.  Algeria at it's best  slow slow slow....  cockcroaches doing my head in grrrr

There seems to be a lot of hate growing towards Americans.  I don't feel safe going to a muslim country.  Smiling in your face while stabbing you in the back.  No thanks.

Hi ,Algeria is like any other country good and bad everywhere.  I am very much respected here and my husbands family cant do enough to please me.
I am British Don t look remotely Arab the funny thing is Algerians look more western the women dye they hair blonde wear contacts that make they eyes look blue.
Wear lots of makeup, the men wear Addias clothes.
The shops sell British and American things it's a shame that being  a muslim country stigmatize all Muslims as terrorists.  Only ignorant people can think this way.
Algeria is a beautiful country with blue seas white sand but it's also a boring country.  Nothing to do and yes they sell alcohol smoke take drugs ECT just like any other country.  It's just a shame that beaurocracy in this country is crazy if you don't have anything stamped it's fake..  For me being British I don't understand the reason the government as a say in who you marry.. I love my country but I also love Algeria the people and they way of life...  You more likely to get shot in America than Algeria... :D

“More likely to get shot in America than Algeria.”
Ain't that the truth!

It certainly is  :P

Marriedinalgeria wrote:

Did you get any answers to your questions? I got married in Batna last September.

Hello there
I would really appreciate if you can help
I want to know how to get married in Algeria for a foreigner
thnx

Good day to you.
Honestly it's very long process a lot of paper work.  Tunis is better hassle free and fast.
My husband and I ended up going to tunis.
If you still like to get married in Algeria you must get the correct paperwork.
Certificate of no impediment CNI saying you are free to marry.
Birth certificates full with parents names.
If you been married before divorce papers
Copy of passports.
Make copies of all papers many copies.
2 recent pics.
If not in arabic or French you need to get them translated.
Everything must be stamped.
You will need to go to the walaya with all papers
You will be interviewed by the police, you and your other half.
We waited nearly 3 months for the police in Algie capital to say If we could get married.
Ended up going to tunis, took all documents.
Went to a notair in tunis  he did every thing for us. We married in 2 weeks.
I wish you all the best in your decision.
For us it was time and money.
Visas ect as I am not algerian.

Tunis papers
CNI
Birth certificates full
Passports
Blood tests.
2 recent photos
Took marriage certificate to the algerian embassy in tunis
Give hubby marriage book in 5 days.
I hope this help.
Good luck

What part of Algeria are you living?

I am in Annaba , where are you living.

I am Pakistani. I got married to one Algerian Lady . I went to Algeria and we got married there. Later I brought her to Dubai on wife sponsorship visa . There is nothing difficult in it.Only few docs are required and Embassy or consulate in UAE will help you.

If anyone needs help I will send all the details .

But my experience is not good with my wife. She is very beautiful, very religious , clean and almost perfect in all regards but she has some issues with her morality.

Recently I had a very bad time with my business and health. I had to return to Pakistan but she denied to go with me. I was really shocked. We have one daughter and she has been back to Algeria. I have been to Algeria and now she is not calling or answering me easily. Last week I called her and asked her because I really missed her but she told me “ What to discuss? There is nothing new to talk, why  do you call daily?”

Can anybody tell me what is all this??
Is the world so cunning? Have we lost morality to this level? I swear I have loved her beyond limits. I am passing through very hard times.

She looks to be a wife of Good Time only !!

By the way I had a very good business and I was going to buy a villa on her name !! But it didnt happen and better I had not.

I belong to a very rich family but I had not shown the reality to her. Now I am moving to Canada and shifting my business there . Now I am healthy and I hope I will stand again and I have made my mind I will never return to her.

For any support , please write to me and I will guide you.

Welshgirl23-
I'm curious to know if your marriage had been approved by the government? Have you decided to stay in Algeria?
We will be there this June for a long stay and to celebrate Ramadan.
I hope you are well. :)

Yes marriage approved by the government.  I  wish you have a good time in  algeria  x

Thank you
It will be nice to see my in-laws and then hit the beach in Tunasia

Hi all Am new to this my Gf is Romanian Living in Uk she is coming here to algeria We want to get married here I wanna Know wht papers we need? And I noticed some said getting married in Tunisia is better ..so if my gf Is Here In algeria n we wanted to Marry in tunisia ..is that Better?...if so Can she go To tunisia without a visa Like me ?
Thanks in advance

Hi,

It will take long time many papers to marry in algeria.
For me it was fast in tunis. Romanian can stay tunis for 3 months no visa. To go Algeria need visa.
In tunis you go to notair it's done fast.
You still need coni certificate ,birth certificate
Blood test which is easy. You need 2 witness
Algerian need certificate say he free to marry.
If you marry tunis take certificate to algerian embassy in tunis. They give family book take 5 days.
Good luck in your marriage.

so I must go to tunis Take the certificat that showes that she can marry n birth certificate and Fo to notair with 2 witnesses and that's it ? is it really that easy cuz she is coming Next week N we want to get this done since she can stay in algeria only for one month

Don't forget take your up to date birth certificate
Letter from your ministry that you are not married.
Get your blood test certificate if cheaper in Algeria she can get her done in tunis or do both same time l.
Don't forget when in tunis pay little money for her papers to be translated to French or arabic you will find many translators many notair in street. Don't pay hotel there are many nice cheap appartments while you wait.
You can marry in 5 days but please get family book at algerian embassy in tunis you will need it in ALGERIA.
And the certificate of no impediment for your wife from Romania if she is there. It really is very fast and easy.
Of course your passport .  Tunis been marrying foreigners for many years.

When you get marriage certificate make sure notair get it stamped 3 times it must have 3 stamps on it from government in tunis..

Several of our friends have said that marriage in Tunasia was much easier than in Algeria. Our marriage took almost 7 months to complete in Algeria! Once that was complete we still went to Sousa, Tunisia for a vacation. The beaches were amazing. I've heard there are many fees associated with getting married there. I would suggest checking the governments website to be sure you have all the correct paperwork and enough dinars. My husband and I flew from Constantine into Tunasia without visas.
I was hard leaving his family in Batna, I miss them so much. Anyways, good luck to you and don't give up.

One more Question my gf is living in Uk now n I read that in tunisia we'll Need (certificat de capacity) N that She can take it from romanian embassy in Tunisia Is that correct or does she need to go to romania to get it

I would call the embassy to ask long before she gets there.

You are correct as I got mine from British embassy in Tunisia. It's called a certificate of no impediment.
She will swear an oath either by Christian bible or the quaran. It's not free you have to pay.  What you should do is go online and book an appointment with the Romanian embassy when you know what date you go to tunis. Actually it's cheaper from the UK to fly to tunis than Algeria and you meet her there. Also if it's just a visa for 1 month in Algeria you can extend it by going to the municipal office. Good luck please let me know if you get married.

Also that's the easy part the hardest for you is trying to get a visa to the UK
That's if you are going to do that. ?

Sorry yes she can get the certificate of no impediment from Romania embassy in tunis. 
I don't think I made that clear.

Hi judt wonderung did you have to still get everything stamped for Tunisia if u choose to fet married there tia

Yes 3 stamps notair do it for you..

Is that in Tunisia or in uk?thanks

Tunisia if you marry there notair get the government stamps make sure it 3 stamps or it no good. Make sure you have certificate of no impediment you can get from uk embassy or embassy of the woman.

Don't forget certificate in English also of marriage