Getting married in Algeria

Hi all,

We invite all the ones who got married in Algeria or who are about to get married in Algeria to participate in this thread :)

What are the formalities to get married in Algeria? Is it the same for a couple of foreigners of for a mixed couple (between a foreigner and a native of Algeria)?

Are the procedures complicated?

How long does it take to carry out all the formalities?

Thank you in advance for participating,

hi! i'm romanian and my boyfriend is algerian, we hope we will get married by the end of the year :) i will tell you what papers you need for a mariage of this type,mariage with a foreign. but i have to warn you that it's not gonna be easy at all,if you get married with an algerian and you decide to live in algeria it's perfect,but if you want to bring your husband/wife back with you in your native country it's very difficult,almost imposible,in spite the fact that you are married. you need lot of patience,you'll face many obstacles :( i don't want to scare you...but it's worth it in the end :heart: ok the papers:passport,id,birth certificate,celibate certificate(a paper that says you are single),medical tests,for my boyfriend was needed his record too and a paper that shows he is algerian citizen,also very important:D from the mayor in the city where he lives you need an approbation to get married,hope i didn't miss something,but to be more sure go to police departament where you are registrated and ask,because in algeria is not all places the same,there are some differences from town to town,and region :D good luck! :happy:

there's more :D all papers have to be translated into french and make copies by all the papers,do no let your original papers,because you will never get it back,in algeria you can make new papers all the time,as many as you want and they don't  understand that we have only one original,so make certified copies to a nottary.bye:D

Thank you for your contribution Micheline! :)

You don't need no translation to get married in Algeria

I have noticed this topic has been inactive for sometime.  I am wondering if anyone has an update on the subject of getting married in Algeria for a British citizen  (man) to and Algerian citizen  (woman).
What are the requirements,  what documents are needed in Algeria. 
Also roughly how long does the process take.
The Algerian consulate in London could not help at all. Their reply was contact Algeria.

Questions and answers about formalities

Ask your question
Marriage to Algerian
By Sherryjmj621
Marriage in Algeria by a non Algerian man.
By dags
Wife leaving Algeria Alone
By Guest
Indian want to marry Algerian girl - Procedures?
By GardenHeart3490
Samanthajane 41
Advice needed on Algerian marriage
By Samanthajane 41

Expatriate health insurance in Algeria

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Algeria

Moving to Algeria

Find tips from professionals about moving to Algeria

Travel insurance in Algeria

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Algeria

Flights to Algeria

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Algeria