Getting married in Algeria

Yeah the govement stamos is dmdone in tunisia or uk?

Stamps done in Tunisia

Hí, im interested to know how was ur process for marriage in Tunis, im looking for all the details to make it possible this yeah, im also about to marry with an Algerian. Ill wait you reply, thanks!

I married in Tunisia to an Algerian in March

Hi; after searching for weeks, finally found the best forum on this topic and I'm so stick, please help!

I'm a (Asian) British national born and raised in London and I'm looking to marry someone in Algeria, Oran. Now I've sent my fiancé to the Wilaayah (Consular Office) in Oran to get information as we plan to marry as soon as possible (In shaa' Allah)

But we both remain puzzled as what they exactly need. This is what they asked for;

Everything should be translated to Arabic:

*Written request to marry an Algerian
*3 copies of your passport, visa
*3 Original birth certificate
*3 certificate that you've never been married before
*3 criminal record check certificate
*hotel reservation or
*3 copies of certificates that you're a muslim
*3 photos
*3 Certificates of ability to marry? You can get it from you consulate in Algiers or in your country.

^

As you can see above, the written request apparently is done easy and can be requested from the Wilaaya. As for x3 copies of Birth certificates, how is one suppose to get that in England when they only allow you to buy one original Copy? Do I just get one and photocopy the rest? I really don't mean what they meant by Originals. Please assist with that.

& now again, the Criminal check, in this country, they provide basic DBS (formerly known as CRB) where I can pay a small fee and get a copy of my criminal record (I got no convictions by the way). Is that what they mean by a criminal record by getting a DBS from the government? & how am I suppose to get 3 when they can only supply one.

Same for showing I'm allowed to get married, it's called a Certificate of No Impediment (CNI), I know I can get that from my local registrar but they will only provide one?

Now tackling into another issue, how do I prove I'm a Muslim? Can I go to ANY masjid or specific one to get a certificate and again, do I ask for three or one and make copies with it?

Lastly, they asked for certificates to show ABILITY to get married? I don't understand what that means!

I'm so confused and stressed, I don't even know who to ask but you. I beg of you to show me a clear guide on how to tackle these situations.

Amin

Please @ me if anyone is out there.

BaarakAllaahu feekum.

I think your a little stressed ha ha calm down.
Algeria is a nightmare.
You need a new birth certificate then make copies.
The CNI show you are single and can get married I got mine from the algerian embassy here but you can get one in uk.
Get copies of every thing it's important.
Your passport and your visa pages don't forget those copies lol.
I never hear about a criminal records check to get married here.
You will need everything translated into arabic it's cheaper here.
As for the letter of showing you are muslim.
No masjid issue a letter saying your muslim.
I got mine off the internet printed it off and filled it in myself.  Google letter to prove your a muslim.
There is a travel agent that lets you print it off if you like to go mecca.  But this is what I used as proof. I put my name dob and got a friend to sign .   I don't think any masjid got this form.
Algeria is a country were they love stamps and so slow
I guess you are getting married in 8 months or next year.  The proses is slow and you will be back and fo the UK so be prepared.
If you are staying in a hotel your confirmation letter is ok just print it off.  Or get a letter off the head of the family who your staying with they will need take it to the police for it be stamped you will need to give the dates your arriving in Algeria    Tell some one take a pic send it to you and print it off.
You would have needed the same for your visa ?
Good luck
Easier in Tunisia

Hi, thank you ever so much for your reply. You're helping so much.

But I've got to trouble you for another thing.

So I managed to get majority of it sorted but one thing remains puzzling;

They've asked me to get copies of CNI to show if I'm allowed to get married AND copies of sworn written agreements signed the government to clarify that I'm single?

I mean what's the difference and how do I get the second part?

Going through all that hassle & stress to get married, bring them over... only to later discover they were used solely for a European visa. Hehe. I feel sorry for anyone getting married in countries such as Algeria. They have no clue what awaits them, heh. Algerians want to escape by any means from their country. Marriage is probably their only route out. Enjoy helping them in their goal lol. Such helpful people! Haha. Don't say you were not warned.

Dear Brother

Assalam u alaikum
I am from Pakistan and  based in Saudi Arabia and would like to marry an Algerian woman.
I have read your post and need your help and experience.
I also like to do business in Algeria.
need your help.
you can send me detail by email

Moderated by Christine 5 years ago
Reason : for security reason, please exchange your private contact via your private message system. Thank you

Not sure if you made it here in Algeria.
Anyone wanting to marry here is crazy to much hassle and they don't have a clue.
Cheaper faster in tunis then keep your money for nice wedding in Algeria.
But don't forget to go algerian embassy and get married book with your tunis marriage certificate.
Good luck and remember they are visa hunters too.

@XB23:

You shouldn't generalize :)

Germany2020 wrote:

@XB23:

You shouldn't generalize :)

It's the truth, whether you like it or not. The main and usually only motivation behind these 'marriages' to Westerners is obtaining a spouse visa to escape from the hellhole called Algeria.

Good job you got shot of that POS Algiers ho brother, they are after money and property ONLY. TRUST ME. I married a skank Algerian ho too. There is a kid, but the DOB doesn't tie in with what she told me, just a pure liar. I hope you escaped from your evil. Peace.

I see some people are frustrated, I understand :)  but no hate speech.

Hello!
I am aware that this is an old post, but maybe someone can help me. I am Romanian and will get married with an Algerian in his country. Do you know (for sure) if my documents have to be translated into Arabic or is it enough to be in French (as my birth certificate is also in French)?
Thank you!   :)

they have to be translated in Arabic or French, plus you might have to undergo a physical (i know because my ex fiancee was going to get married in Algeria).
I hope you have a big ceremony and celebration an a long marriage

The marriage papers I submitted were all translated into french, every mixed marriage office may tell you something different, ask your partner to enquire.

Hi how are your .  .  my name is sheraz i am frm pakistan and living in dubai  .  .  i love one algerian lady and she also love me .  .  and both family agree to our marry .  .   .  i wana go algeria .  how i can go  .  cz yesterday her family go to embaasy to send me invitation but they not allow to invite me .  .  cz of my beard they getting think on me 😢😢  .  .  now what can i do if she came in dubai then we can get marry or no?

Bro u got marry or no ?
I have same issu
I wana marry with algerian lady and she also .  .  .  .  and both family agree to our marry  .  tell me bro help me

As salamu aleykum brother.
I am from Bosnia and my fiance is from Algeria.
I saw your post here on this site.
Please help me out.
What happened with your case.
Have you got married in ORAN ALGERIA?
Please tell me the whole procedure. You are the first person i am seeing on internet that mentioned ORAN ALGERIA and marriage.
I am planning to get married in Algeria in 5 weeks, inchAllah, I hope I can manage to do it, I need help from you.

May Allah reward you for your time.

I don't know about Pakistan's visa process. Yet in America I had to book a hotel (with no prepayment), I had to do two different visa packets ( make sure you have your passport picture on each of the applications) make sure you type all but the bottom then hand sign it. Then do a money order and mail it to your local Algerian Embassy! Just wait! An congrats on your impending marriage

Sorry for late reply
*** watsup me plz

Moderated by Priscilla 4 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum please, thank you

I don't have WhatsApp

Hello please can you tell me if you got married and how it was the process with you I'm an Algerian girl who will also get married to an Indian boy can you help

Assalemualikum
Please contact me as soon as you see my msg i need to ask qsts thank you.

Hii, what is this for?

Hi everyone,I'm Canadian Citizen and from Karachi Pakistan Origin, I have met a girl in Mustaghanam, Algeria. We both like each other and want to get married.She has some concern that, she said her father when he know he will not like it Pakistani origin, I don't live in Pakistan, I'm Canadian Citizen. My question is that Algerian Men or people don't like Pakistan Origin?
I'm little scared if her father hear and says know.I don't know what to do

Hi to everyone I'm an American living in Algeria and I have been here for five almost six years. I want to get married here but I need all the information I can get possible. My fiance has already gotten the mixed marriage application from our town police and they say our marriage will take six months. I have never been married before and I need a no marriage certificate. Can any help me with that paper and all the other papers I'll need.

2020, Oh the irony
Its funny that you claim there is organ trafficking in Algeria but cleaely the country you're bragging about (the USA) has the highest number of missing people, crime rates, death rates, racism, everything is unsafe in the US ans i wouldn't even go there as a tourist,  let alone move permanently there. You're just a racist karen that wants to be offended by everyone that isnt a racist karen like yourself. No one wants your organs. Youre probably the one needing organs with that american lifestyle of yours.
AMERICA IS THE MOST UNSAFE COUNTRY IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW. AND ITS IRONIC HOW A DANGEROUS AMERICAN WITH RIFFLES ON THEIR SHELF IS TALKING ABOUT DANGER. AVOID PEOPLE LIKE THIS AT ALL COST.

brother I'm from Pakistan Karachi and I want to marry an Algerian girl and we really want to do this she is so loyal to me but as I'm seeing people feedback about documents and other stuff like police not helping etc is this true? did you faced issues like this ? and I want to take her with me to PAKISTAN plz guide me.

Hello,

Is anyone willing to please help with information on how to get married to my significant other?
What is needed to marry in algeria? Is there an option for us to get married in Tunisia? Do you marry at the embassy? Or courthouse or city hall?

As you can see I have very little information but fact is him and I want to get married in the future

Getting married with an Algerian is much easy in Tunisia. I advise for all to plan their weddings in Tunisia if wish to get married with an Algerian.

Document required for fast process (4 days max)

1, Original Birth Certificate & Copies.
2, Passport & Copies.
3, Affidavit/Capacity letter from respective embassy to enter into a marriage contract.
4, Medical (Prenuptial Marriage Certificate) will be done in Tunisia.
5, Divorce decree if married before (if applicable)
6, Spouse's death certificate (if applicable) 
7, Written consent of parent if either party in under 20 years of age.

I hope it is clear now.

Hello. Why do you think he's calling me to get married in Algeria? He said it's easier than in Europe. But first let's make the  Religious marriage and then civil marriage

Hello. Please tell me why a 34-year-old man from Algeria wants to marry me a 54-year-old woman? He swears he's honest with me and doesn't want a visa or other stuff. He swore on the Quran, Allah and his family. It all seems real but I've seen him talk to a lot of women around the world. Young and older. He says they are only friends

1st thing is to avoid :) . 2nd There is no problem to get marry with 34 years old guy even there is age difference. It is clear to go for religious marriage and then go for civil marriage. As Algeria is a Muslim country, religious marriage is important.

If you wish to check the person, you may say that you are going to live your whole life in Algeria after getting married and even you think to cancel your nationality because you love to become an Algerian. And you are coming to Algeria as Broke. As you said that he talks with other women as well so you have to be careful. 

Regards

Hello. He says it doesn't matter where we live, the important thing is to be together. He said he didn't want me to work. He wants me to take care of the house and otherwise do what he wants and when I go outside I'll always be with him. I asked that he would want a young wife and have children. He said it's not a problem. If it happens we will all live together and it will never leave me 😂😂. We are talking about 2 years and I do not know his family. He said I'll meet them when I go to Algeria. He wants to send me an invitation. It's a lot of sticking to me. There was no day we didn't talk. He said I'm going to Algeria, we're doing the paperwork for marriage then I'm going back to work here and I'm coming back after 5, 6 months when the marriage will be approved and he's going to get for me the right of residence there. And then we're going to travel and work where we want to be and we're going to be.We are talking about 2 years and I do not know his family. He said I'll meet them when I go to Algeria. He wants to send me an invitation. It's a lot of sticking to me. There was no day we didn't talk. He said I'm going to Algeria, we're doing the paperwork for marriage then I'm going back to work here and I'm coming back after 5, 6 months when the marriage will be approved and he's going to get for me the right of residence there. And then we're going to travel and work where we want to be and it's going to be.We are talking about 2 years and I do not know his family. He said I'll meet them when I go to Algeria. He wants to send me an invitation. It's a lot of sticking to me. There was no day we didn't talk. He said I'm going to Algeria, we're doing the paperwork for marriage then I'm going back to work here and I'm coming back after 5, 6 months when the marriage will be approved and he's going to get for me the right of residence there. And then we're going to travel and work where we want to and it's going to be bWe are talking about 2 years and I do not know his family. He said I'll meet them when I go to Algeria. He wants to send me an invitation. It's a lot of sticking to me. There was no day we didn't talk. He said I'm going to Algeria, we're doing the paperwork for marriage then I'm going back to work here and I'm coming back after 5, 6 months when the marriage will be approved and he's going to get for me the right of residence there. And then we're going to travel and work where we want to and it's going to be bin.We are talking about 2 years and I do not know his family. He said I'll meet them when I go to Algeria. He wants to send me an invitation. It's a lot of sticking to me. There was no day we didn't talk. He said I'm going to Algeria, we're doing the paperwork for marriage then I'm going back to work here and I'm coming back after 5, 6 months when the marriage will be approved and he's going to get for me the right of residence there. And then we're going to travel and work where we want to and it's going to be good.We are talking about 2 years and I do not know his family. He said I'll meet them when I go to Algeria. He wants to send me an invitation. It's a lot of sticking to me. There was no day we didn't talk. He said I'm going to Algeria, we're doing the paperwork for marriage then I'm going back to work here and I'm coming back after 5, 6 months when the marriage will be approved and he's going to get for me the right of residence there. And then we're going to travel and work where we want to and it's going to be good. We are talking about 2 years and I do not know his family. He said I'll meet them when I go to Algeria. He wants to send me an invitation. It's a lot of sticking to me. There was no day we didn't talk. He said I'm going to Algeria, we're doing the paperwork for marriage then I'm going back to work here and I'm coming back after 5, 6 months when the marriage will be approved and he's going to get for me the right of residence there. And then we're going to travel and work where we want to and it's going to be good pWe are talking about 2 years and I do not know his family. He said I'll meet them when I go to Algeria. He wants to send me an invitation. It's a lot of sticking to me. There was no day we didn't talk. He said I'm going to Algeria, we're doing the paperwork for marriage then I'm going back to work here and I'm coming back after 5, 6 months when the marriage will be approved and he's going to get for me the right of residence there. And then we're going to travel and work where we want to and it's going to be good for. We are talking about 2 years and I do not know his family. He said I'll meet them when I go to Algeria. He wants to send me an invitation. It's a lot of sticking to me. There was no day we didn't talk. He said I'm going to Algeria, we're doing the paperwork for marriage then I'm going back to work here and I'm coming back after 5, 6 months when the marriage will be approved and he's going to get for me the right of residence there. And then we're going to travel and work where we want to and it's going to be good for nWe are talking about 2 years and I do not know his family. He said I'll meet them when I go to Algeria. He wants to send me an invitation. It's a lot of sticking to me. There was no day we didn't talk. He said I'm going to Algeria, we're doing the paperwork for marriage then I'm going back to work here and I'm coming back after 5, 6 months when the marriage will be approved and he's going to get for me the right of residence there. And then we're going to travel and work where we want to and it's going to be good for no.We are talking about 2 years and I do not know his family. He said I'll meet them when I go to Algeria. He wants to send me an invitation. It's a lot of sticking to me. There was no day we didn't talk. He said I'm going to Algeria, we're doing the paperwork for marriage then I'm going back to work here and I'm coming back after 5, 6 months when the marriage will be approved and he's going to get for me the right of residence there. And then we're going to travel and work where we want to and it's going to be good for us. We are talking about 2 years and I do not know his family. He said I'll meet them when I go to Algeria. He wants to send me an invitation. It's a lot of sticking to me. There was no day we didn't talk. He said I'm going to Algeria, we're doing the paperwork for marriage then I'm going back to work here and I'm coming back after 5, 6 months when the marriage will be approved and he's going to get for me the right of residence there. And then we're going to travel and work where we want to and it's going to be good for us. WhatWe are talking about 2 years and I do not know his family. He said I'll meet them when I go to Algeria. He wants to send me an invitation. It's a lot of sticking to me. There was no day we didn't talk. He said I'm going to Algeria, we're doing the paperwork for marriage then I'm going back to work here and I'm coming back after 5, 6 months when the marriage will be approved and he's going to get for me the right of residence there. And then we're going to travel and work where we want to and it's going to be good for us. What We are talking about 2 years and I do not know his family. He said I'll meet them when I go to Algeria. He wants to send me an invitation. It's a lot of sticking to me. There was no day we didn't talk. He said I'm going to Algeria, we're doing the paperwork for marriage then I'm going back to work here and I'm coming back after 5, 6 months when the marriage will be approved and he's going to get for me the right of residence there. And then we're going to travel and work where we want to and it's going to be good for us. What byeWe are talking about 2 years and I do not know his family. He said I'll meet them when I go to Algeria. He wants to send me an invitation. It's a lot of sticking to me. There was no day we didn't talk. He said I'm going to Algeria, we're doing the paperwork for marriage then I'm going back to work here and I'm coming back after 5, 6 months when the marriage will be approved and he's going to get for me the right of residence there. And then we're going to travel and work where we want to and it's going to be good for us. What it seemsWe are talking about 2 years and I do not know his family. He said I'll meet them when I go to Algeria. He wants to send me an invitation. It's a lot of sticking to me. There was no day we didn't talk. He said I'm going to Algeria, we're doing the paperwork for marriage then I'm going back to work here and I'm coming back after 5, 6 months when the marriage will be approved and he's going to get for me the right of residence there. And then we're going to travel and work where we want to and it's going to be good for us. What does it thinkWe are talking about 2 years and I do not know his family. He said I'll meet them when I go to Algeria. He wants to send me an invitation. It's a lot of sticking to me. There was no day we didn't talk. He said I'm going to Algeria, we're doing the paperwork for marriage then I'm going back to work here and I'm coming back after 5, 6 months when the marriage will be approved and he's going to get for me the right of residence there. And then we're going to travel and work where we want to and it's going to be good for us. What did he thinkWe are talking about 2 years and I do not know his family. He said I'll meet them when I go to Algeria. He wants to send me an invitation. It's a lot of sticking to me. There was no day we didn't talk. He said I'm going to Algeria, we're doing the paperwork for marriage then I'm going back to work here and I'm coming back after 5, 6 months when the marriage will be approved and he's going to get for me the right of residence there. And then we're going to travel and work where we want to and it's going to be good for us. What do you thinkWe are talking about 2 years and I do not know his family. He said I'll meet them when I go to Algeria. He wants to send me an invitation. It's a lot of sticking to me. There was no day we didn't talk. He said I'm going to Algeria, we're doing the paperwork for marriage then I'm going back to work here and I'm coming back after 5, 6 months when the marriage will be approved and he's going to get for me the right of residence there. And then we're going to travel and work where we want to and it's going to be good for us. What do you thinkWe are talking about 2 years and I do not know his family. He said I'll meet them when I go to Algeria. He wants to send me an invitation. It's a lot of sticking to me. There was no day we didn't talk. He said I'm going to Algeria, we're doing the paperwork for marriage then I'm going back to work here and I'm coming back after 5, 6 months when the marriage will be approved and he's going to get for me the right of residence there. And then we're going to travel and work where we want to and it's going to be good for us. What do you think?

Hi there,

It sounds good. But i suggest you to pay attention before your proceed. Emphasize to live in Algeria because some people just need to runaway and need paperwork after marriage is done.

Need more help?

Regards,

Hello. It's weird. I don't know his family or a friend. He says that when I get to Algeria I will stay at his house with his family. He doesn't want me to stay at a hotel. He said it's better not to tell anyone about our relationship but I'll meet his mother and grandmother webcam. That's because I insisted on getting to know them. How could I go to Algeria alone without my family not knowing anything said that everyone would know after marriage. It doesn't seem fair to me.

Correct! I agree with you. If he loves you so why he is trying to hide? Travelling alone to any country it is a huge risk. I do not recommend. He must travel to meet you so you may get some confidence. Staying at groom's home for a bride is not traditional in Muslim countries.

Stay safe!

Please excuse me but I can't make a decision of a safe one. That's why I'm writing to you. He wants us to get married on the first date when I go to Algeria.  I told him I couldn't stay there long because I'm losing my work here. He said it's not a problem. We get religiously married, we file the paperwork and then we wait and I'm spinning at my work and I come when everything is approved. I don't know why he wants me to stay at his house if I go. I know it's not consentito before marriage.