Property prices in Algiers

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Algiers is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Algiers?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

Hi Priscilla,

I live between tow cities, in Algiers and Tiaret where my farm is.
  Algiers as you know is the capital of Algeria, you got many part where is nice to live in, so if you chose somewhere you have, i would advse you to choose it not far or easy to join your job because the trafic is very bad in Algiers's center and suburbs during the day and week days acontrary during the night and week end.

The country is still "virgin" so there is a lot of things and business to do and to improve,

Prices to buy housses and flats are quiet expensive not only in Algers but every where in Algeria almost same prices with Europe ! i can't say an a mount because depend, housse or flat ? how big ? and where ?.....
I live in a tow bed rooms flat with a nice view of the sea, in very prtical and strategic area, (safe, calm, clean, easy to "park my car" and close to Market and shops ) and i rent it almost 1200 euros and for a nice property in a good place it start from 1000 for a flat untill 7000 euros for a very nice housse "Villa" monthly.

So if i can help don't hesetate sending an email xxx or calling me by viber on xxx or my Algerian number xxx.

Best regards and good luck,

Jeremie & Marie

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi  Jeremie & Marie,

Thank you for your feedback, very much appreciated. Just to inform you that Priscilla is a member of the Expat.Com team and this thread has been launched to gather as much information possible to help expats/future expats.

All the best,
Bhavna

I have seen homes for 20,000 dinars
What is people paying 1200 euros?
I have seen nice ones up to 50,000 dinars the most expensive. It's like they have overpriced housing market for foreigners? Sounds like they did...
Can anyone please tell me sharing should I visit to do house hunting onmine?
Merci!

Hi Aisha, please I need your help. Because I will be coming to Algeria Next Year. I want your help to get Admission for me in Any University there. And guide me when I come there.

Indeed, it happens that real estate agents or owners increase the price for foreigners. I advise you to be accompanied by a person from Algiers when you visit apartments.

Hydra, El Biar, Ben Aknoun, Bir Mourad Rais, Bir Khadem, Kouba, Didouche Mourad (city center), are among the most expensive areas of the capital. They are close to the city center, well served by transportation and services, and account for most of the expatriate community.

The eastern suburbs are less expensive, but much less interesting than the western suburbs.
I am interested in the real estate sector, so you can ask me specific questions on this thread if you wish.

Can you help me to find an affordable appartment in constantine.

@yassar ryn > post an ad in the housing in Algiers section. It could help. Good luck

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed. Please register your services in the business directory. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Algerie-expat-services.

As advertising is not permitted here on the open forum please place an advertisement in the business directory under Services at the top of this page.

I want to know the prices for buying an apartment in Algeria... how much it costs? What about aadl? Can expat try it? How it works?

hello! I am looking to share an apt up to 50 000dz ... I am looking in the neighborhoods of El Biar or Hydra! Please let me know! I will be staying from April to October !

Hello everyone,

If you are looking for accommodation, you should please post your ad in the appropriate section here :
Housing in Algiers.

Thank you,
Christine

Hii You can contact Me :) , im From Alger & i can help you

Hi, we are a family with a small child. I saw the pist where you say you know about accommodation options. We are looking for a small house in El Biar area. Would you know to advise? Kesa

Hello friend, I wish to purchase a house in Algiers, could you tell me if Algerian citizens have the right to freehold of a purchased property in Algeria (own the property forever), or is it like in some countries a long term lease of 50 or 70 years?
thank you very much

Hi kimchakib,
There is no as such as lease hold in Algeria, you can buy an apartment or a house freehold ( no limits for years )

You right about it Aïcha 32 it seems overpriced , probably 1200 euros rent/a year,

Hi dear
Yes you do have the right to own a property after you make the purchase and paying the asking price... But a foreigner needs some kind of documents.
Nasser Algerian citizen

Real estate in Algeria is expensive in the capital and its suburbs, and less than outside the Algerian capital