New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2016

Hi all,

Newbie on the Thailand forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Thailand if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourself here – 1st quarter of 2016 continues below!

Hi Everyone,

I'm Clément, coming from France and living in Thailand for 1,5 years now for profesionnal reasons.
I am now looking for a new position that I posted in the job ads already.

Until now I lived in Pattaya and now would like to move to Bangkok to live with my partner.

If you guys need any informations Pattaya's expats, don't hesitate ;-)
If you guys have any profesionnal network to share in Bangkok, do not hesitate too!

By the way, Julien, you're a French expat in Mauritius, maybe you know my dad, he runs a company in Trou-aux-Biches called Tonton Diving Tour and his name is Pascal (expat for more than 2 years now)  :/;)

Nice to meet you!
Clément.

Tim, Texas, USA but Montana, USA native

Rock on!

hi can you please help me to find any info how to apply I m a professional pastry chef

I am a highly experienced pastry chef with a wide range of experience in a variety of environments. This has enabled me to develop my skills both as a chef as well as in a professional capacity to manage time, other staff and accounts. In my current role as the only pastry chef at St Hughs College as part of Oxford University. I cater for over 300 staff and students; I prepare a range of traditional English desserts on a daily basis and in addition I prepare particular desserts for evening meals; students are able to request a particular favourite. Furthermore the college hosts a number of corporate events throughout the year including weddings and I am required to prepare desserts and cakes which are of the highest standard and finest quality. I am also required to plate desserts as part of my main role.

kind regards manuele schiasvone

Hi All

We are moving in Feb 2017 :)

Hello expats my name is Paul and I am from Canada
I have been to nakhoon sawan provience before and
like the place .
I want to meet with other expats and share ideas  making
new friends there.
I am coming to Nakhoon in May 14th next few weeks.
looking forward for a phone number and meeting a few people.
thanks
Paaul.

Hi, I'm Joael Kelly and I've been living in Bangkok for almost one year.  I work as a counselor at an international school.  Currently, I am living in Mooban Sammakorn, but I will be moving downtown to Thonglor in July.  I'm 57 years old and my husband is 63.  He is an artist (painter) and looking to connect with local artists.  He is also a member of AA and would love to find a meeting nearby our apartment.  We would love to connect with some people and get to know the city better on a more intimate level, not just doing errands and visiting tourist destinations.

hello dear you sound very interesting.
I would be in Nakhoon Sawan provience by 14 of this month
and would like for us to meet .
I have met lots of English and Australian expats there.
I don't know if we are allowed to exchange numbers
on this site.
If you know inform me please.
Paul.

Is there some way to remove my post?  I am getting Facebook requests from girls who are obviously selling sex.  Joael Kelly

Hi All,

I am from Pakistan & landed Bangkok & this forum just today. I am an experienced Telecom Technical Professional & I have joined Huawei on a good project in Bangkok. I have worked in Malaysia, Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Puerto Rico before. Currently I am staying in Hotel in Din Deang & after 3 days, I will shift to a suitable apartment. For that matter, I need help & guidance. My preferred type of area is where nightlife is. I dont like areas where lights are OFF around mid-night. I am a late sleeper hence my ecosystem demands a rushy & lively area. Please suggest accordingly.

I have been  complaning    about Thailand for the last 2.5 years mostly because I was living in the wrong area, so I really didn't give the other rest of Thailand a chance. I am going to take advice from others & rent my condo out, while I explore the rest of the country.  I am sorry for being such a ass. If this doesn't work out for me I will return to my own country with my tail between my legs. And promise not to bother anyone again.

Hi good people,
I am a Ghanaian,  but I have been residing and working in South Africa since 2003. I will be becoming to Phuket in June 24, 2016 for a program, I hope to meet new friends and share ideas. You may reach me on this no. ***- whatsup, viber or imo.
Cheers!!
Paul Kronzu.

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hello everyone,

My name is Hadassa, I'm a young woman from Mexico, and I'm a missionary teacher in Central Thailand. I moved here last September and the plan was to serve for 1 year but now my school has proposed me to stay longer and be a full time teacher. After praying and receiving the confirmation from God and the blessings from my family I have decided to stay 4 years. I'm so in love with Thailand, its people, its nature, its culture, that I don't want to leave yet.

Still I miss the food from my country. Now that I'm going to stay longer I would like some advice from you guys to recommend me places where I can get ingredients to cook Mexican food. I've been going to Bangkok to try some "Mexican" restaurants but they are more American than Mexican style. It's been so hard to find the ingredients. For example one of the things I haven't been able to find is cornmeal to make my corn "tortillas", all they sell in Tops or in Siam Paragon is Corn Starch that is what they know as corn flour. Also I'd like to know about cheap places to buy Cheese since those big stores in Bangkok are so expensive. You know Mexican food is all about cheese <3.

Thank you so very much for your help and support. I'm thrilled to join this group.
May God bless you guys.

Sincerely,
Ana Hadassa

Hi I'm dawn, excited to be moving just outside Pattaya, with my male partner & 2 dogs in 2017. Would like to meet some genuine friends in Thailand. Have travelled around trying to learn some Thai !!!

Hi Joael.
I read your post I hope you get this, my names dawn & my male partner & are will be moving to our house outside Pattaya next year. I'm going to be bringing my two dogs as there is no way I can leave them behind.  It would be nice to get to know some people already living in Thailand. Hope you get this.
Kind regards dawn

Hi I'm dawn, we are moving to Thailand Feb 2017! With our 2 dogs

namaste859 wrote:

Is there some way to remove my post?  I am getting Facebook requests from girls who are obviously selling sex.  Joael Kelly

Hi Joael    My names dawn I'm new in forum I did write a reply think it's gone in wrong place! We are moving to Thailand 2017. Hope you get this!

Hi I am Biplov from Nepal. Living in Thailand for about a year now. I live near Pathumthani,Rangsit. Looking for new friends and weekend jobs ;) If anyone around this area please pm me, lets rock n roll :D

Hi, all!

USA- Texas here. My husband and I visited Thailand for two weeks last September and haven't stopped thinking about it since. We have been doing lots of research on moving to Thailand, and if everything goes well we hope to move to either Chiang Mai or Pattaya in November 2016. Right now we are trying to find rental properties that are pet-friendly (we have 2 cats). :D

Hi everyone! Nice to meet you.
Well I've been living in Thailand basically my whole adult life...20+ years, I lost count now. I did my education here and now currently working.
I joined the group to meet like-minded people and occasionally share stories from my travel blog and contribute in this forum.

If you're new to Bangkok, feel free to ask me anything! I think after living here for so long, I can safely say I know my way around.

by any chance you live at AIT?

Ana Hadassa wrote:

Hello everyone,

My name is Hadassa, I'm a young woman from Mexico, and I'm a missionary teacher in Central Thailand. I moved here last September and the plan was to serve for 1 year but now my school has proposed me to stay longer and be a full time teacher. After praying and receiving the confirmation from God and the blessings from my family I have decided to stay 4 years. I'm so in love with Thailand, its people, its nature, its culture, that I don't want to leave yet.

Still I miss the food from my country. Now that I'm going to stay longer I would like some advice from you guys to recommend me places where I can get ingredients to cook Mexican food. I've been going to Bangkok to try some "Mexican" restaurants but they are more American than Mexican style. It's been so hard to find the ingredients. For example one of the things I haven't been able to find is cornmeal to make my corn "tortillas", all they sell in Tops or in Siam Paragon is Corn Starch that is what they know as corn flour. Also I'd like to know about cheap places to buy Cheese since those big stores in Bangkok are so expensive. You know Mexican food is all about cheese <3.

Thank you so very much for your help and support. I'm thrilled to join this group.
May God bless you guys.

Sincerely,
Ana Hadassa

Try Villa supermarket.

True that

Well did you try looking at Matkro  they have the cheapest price on Cheese, many people buy from them to make pizza. I would think you could find corn flower from the farmers, fresh mkt. OTOP.  You could contact the Kings Project for farming. They sell a lot of corn in Thailand. Good Luck To You.

Hello everyone :)

I have been here quite awhile, but I haven't been in the forum section. I lived in Thailand, BKK at Ramkhamhaeng for a year, Thailand is a better country to be living as a Digital Nomad, cheaper and the system definitely is better than where I came from, also nice to see street animals being care better than in Philippines, sigh. It's where I came from and I am presently back here living and almost starting over, due to visa issues. Anyway, hopefully this September I will be back in Thailand and I cannot wait.

Thanks for reading, hopefully you are having a good day.

Hello Everyone!
I am Stephanie Boinet, young woman, currently living near Washington DC in the states where I have spent my whole life. My husband, my growing baby bump and I will be making our way over to Northern Pattaya in late August for work to live indefinitely. I will be giving birth in November, so any advice on the babies subject would be greatly appreciated from anyone! We have found a home which is already a good start, but that's about it! Still a lot of work to do but looking forward to it!

:)
Steph

Enjoy yourself as much as possible coz after the stork arrives there won't be much time for yourself...

Your plans are already cast in stone, but maybe it would have been safer to be in the USA for giving birth.

All exciting stuff, the move & baby arriving. I can't wait for our move next year to Pattaya. No more babies for me mine are all grown up 18-25 years.. But if you want a local friend look me up. Regards dawn

Life is Good my Friends!!!!  I currently live in Florida.  I am retired.  I want to move to Thailand.  I don't know where to begin with Visa, and paperwork to find my way there.  I have decided after reading that a retirement Visa is the way to go. any comments on that?  I cannot move there until I sell my home.  So I wonder if it matters when I get my Retirement Visa (silly question, I suppose....does the Visa effective date start at date of issue, or will it start once it is stamped in Thailand?).....and am I correct, I get that here in the US.  I am assuming Miami Consulate is where I need to go.  What else will I need (police report, health report anything else). I only want to go to Miami one time.  When I finally get there I guess it is s a good idea to have my birth certificate, social security card, drivers license?, health record, anything else?  Thanks for any information you can give me.

On a second note, how do I know where an Expat community is?  Are there recommended places to stay short term while finding a place to live?  Any advise on finding housing and with negotiating rental contracts.  I plan to travel very light, so I can purchase the necessities when I get there.  Again, thanks for any info!

Regards,

Thanks Dawn! Yes, we are super excited as well. Ill keep in touch on how the birth goes and everything :)

Hello there,

My name is Imelda. I've recently moved to Chiang Mai from the UK and would like to meet new friends who are also living in the city. I'm a young 50-something. If you're of a similar age and you think from my profile, that we may have similar interests, it would be great to hear from you

Hello everyone!

My name is Joana and I'm portuguese!
I'm going to study for one year in Bangkok in September and I'm searching for a room next to MRT train lines.
My university is a little bit far but I want to live in the center of Bangkok (sukhumvit or phetchaburi) and share an apartment or even a room.

Can you help me?

Thanks guys.

Hello all,

My name is James, and I am seriously considering relocating to Thailand from the U.S. I would of course like to secure employment first but that seems a difficult endeavor as of now. I am finding this page very helpful though and hopefully it will assist in this transition. I have almost 15 yrs of work experience at a management level so hopefully something will come of it. I look forward to reading all the info you all have to offer and to meeting you.

James

Hello there, I am also a newbie here. I find this forum an interesting one. I do hope to become an active member of this forum. I want to learn more and be able to contribute as well to some topics that I am knowledgeable.

Hi everyone! My name is Nicholas; a Canadian who has been living in Slovakia for the past 3 years. I will be making the move to Thailand in 2 weeks! I will arrive in Bangkok and after finding a driver, make my way down to Phuket with my dog, Yugo :)

I am looking forward to meeting anyone and everyone once I arrive on the island first week of September. My plan is to find a place in Patong, but I welcome any other suggestions. Looking forward to making some new friends next month, don't hesitate to send me a message if you want to meet up!!!

Hi everyone,

I have ten years of experience as a hospital psychologist in Belgium. I am currently looking for a new job in Thailand to be closer to my family who lives in Thailand. I would like to find a job that fits my psychologist skills or that could make myself useful in a contact function with the public. I specialized in mental health, brief therapy, crisis intervention. My mother tongue is French but I can manage in English and also include other European languages.

I am considering the psychological function with high availability for people but also their families in a quick support after an event; the focus would be on listening, the meaning given to experiences, and how lead the person beyond the physical and psychological suffering. I could also develop the image of an hospital or institution at the foreign people.

With a pragmatic spirit, I am willing to evolve with new colleagues and develop new skills within a new professional place. I am now available for an interview and could ensure my availability quickly.

Frank

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=601638

Thanks!

Closed