Ifrane

Hi All..

I have been researching ifrane for quite sometime now and each day i am falling in love with her more. I have'nt been to ifrane (but will definitely visit one of these lucky days). The thing is,my husband is considering buying a property,would ifrane be our best practical choice? Is it a child friendly city? I mean are there any grade school in ifrane as I only saw al akhwayn university so far. How about the cost of living?

Would love to hear your stories.

Ifrane is a lovely smaller city in the central mountian area of Morocco with a moderately mixed population. It is a very tourist industry dependent area. Skying resourts are big in the winter season and hiker guides to ancient mountain lodges or catering to nature enthusists & river sportsmen that makeup the summer season.

Many people who own property don't stay always there year round.  lots of turist like to own vacation property, and as weatther plays  significant role in those interests, their reasons for being in that area means the property may appear empty a large portion of the year. There is a significant local population that seems to live there year round. This can be a somewhat misleading appearence as many of the locals may also have larger family owned lands or farms in the more remote areas and have no wives or children in the city living with them.  Some people are sharing ownership of a small residance in the city with several extended family members. This allows them to come and go based of the work available.  Of course there are families in every city, so there is a local public school system. The King has pushed very hard to improve the basic standard of living for the people in the less urban areas, but the better schools especially for international children are the private ones. I can assure you, if there are people in Morocco making money, they are sending their childern to nice private schools near where they live. But, the only real way to learn about what is available for your family is to take some time and go visit it prior to buying a property sight unseen.

Thank you nebraska girl for a very informative post..  :)