loving a Vietnamese girl

Cossmo, another thing that makes me feel good about her as I have seen her friends(sisters she calls them) warn her about getting too involved too quickly. Of course I have to hit the translation button and read between the lines as it doesn't Translate correctly 100%. But she says to them" don't worry sister I take it slow one step at a time" and one of them said to her" okay sister have fun." Her friends sisters as she calls them are all teachers at the school she teaches at it has 1,500 students and 150 teachers.

jim, yes don't rely on the translation button. the Vietnamese people even confuse themselves with their own language let alone direct translation. I think people have a bad experience because they're gullible or naive. the most important part is the ability to distinguish the cultural differences and respect them. where money is involved, the  expectations can be rather extreme as pointed out by others. as with any good loving relationship, communication is the key. we get it wrong even when we speak the same language.

The Chinese girls side of the story … index.html

70 years old :

The Chinese girls side of the story … index.html

Oy Vey, reds under the beds?

They also dont like Google, it contains some truths about the corrupt system in place.

Short story. My mate was a safety manager on a pipeline project in the Middle East. The construction contractor was a Ch ahem company (no names no pack drill). He had a dispensation to travel before dawn in the mornings so that he could ensure that the correct pre start procedures were being done on the various parts of the sites.

One morning as he was driving in the dark to one of the worksites he saw lights in the desert some way off the road where no lights should be. Intrigued, he killed his own vehicle lights and slowly approached the lights in the desert. Walking the last couple of hundred meters he saw an excavator digging a hole into which the ahem company were about to bury a battered 4 x 4.........

...... Which had a couple of dead bodies in it.

The construction contractors local staff had been involved in a fatal accident and the company management had ordered the evidence to be buried rather than face the usual shut down and HSE investigations.

Questions and answers about Vietnam

Ask your question
Where do they sell Bread maker in Saigon?
By aeschli
Fishing in Saigon near D 7?
By Highside25
kashmer t. manggona
i would like to go to vietnam as a volunteer teacher.
By kashmer t. manggona
Visa transfer to new passport
By Jetlag777
Looking for an English teacher to achieve IELTs
By Henrychen
Connecting with fellow Catholics & Churches in D2
By Rusinell

Expatriate health insurance in Vietnam

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Vietnam

Moving to Vietnam

Find tips from professionals about moving to Vietnam

Travel insurance in Vietnam

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Vietnam

Flights to Vietnam

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Vietnam