Anybody expats in Bien Hoa, Dong Nai?

I am just curious. Anybody here expats in Bien Hoa city, Dong Nai province?

Yes, I'm shuttling between Bien Hoa and Q.1

So where are you living actually?

mss.vicky wrote:

I am just curious. Anybody here expats in Bien Hoa city, Dong Nai province?

I live in Bien Hoa

My hometown is Bien Hoa. I think you are a English teacher of ILA, right?

mss.vicky wrote:

My hometown is Bien Hoa. I think you are a English teacher of ILA, right?

Nope. am retired.

I also work in Bien Hoa. In fact, there are many expats here.

Why do you need that?  :D

Hi! What do you need? I am living near Bien Hoa.

I have seen some foreigner in BH rencently, more than some years ago so I am curious, I am wodering if BH is developing or not. Because the more foreigner choose to live here in stead of HCM city, the more my hometown developed. Lol... just a little proud of where i was born ;)

I know there are a lot of ecpats work here but I am curious about expats who are living here. Because if you choose, you will choose the places which have big shopping center, good school, big hospital, big entertainment center... So I am curious about when will BH develop like a big city :/

I know Binh Duong is located near Bien Hoa. But I am talking about BH actually:)

mss.vicky wrote:

So I am curious about when will BH develop like a big city :/

Me too, wondering for years when the "moi cau moi" will be completed.

Well here is my thought. The location of BH city is quite good with song Dong nay, vast areas for manufacturing and comparatively affluent of labors. But BH is not much an ideal place for expats with family as it lacks of housing for expacts, international schools (probably the biggest issue I presume), hospitals, malls, transportation, roads etc. Hence many of expats still like to stay in Saigon which is within an hour distance by car. Ms Vicky may observed several foreigners in BH, but I guess they are expacts who like to stay near their working places for the time efficiency, as a single or a couple without children. Having looked around people around me, most expacts I know left their families behind. I also wish that BH could become an international city, however, this may take more time.

I dont thinks so. I agree that BH is developing everyday and the more foreigner choose to live there but CAN'T more than HCM city ( especical PMH and Thao Dien, Dist 2). I think expats will NOT choose the places which have big shopping center, good school, big hospital, big entertainment center...I think their company will arrange for them a good place near  the company, Sorry, it's just my individual opinion :)

Biên Hòa is an industrial city where you'll find mostly blue-collar workers.  Generally expats work in the professional/expert fields (it's written in the employment laws).  I do see Korean Expats living in Biên Hòa to be closer to their factories.  There is a "little Korea" next to the Big C where they have a few Korean shops, restaurants.  Other expats that live here teach English or are retired but have a Vietnamese wife.

cherry_blossoms wrote:

... I think expats will NOT choose the places which have big shopping center, good school, big hospital, big entertainment center...I think their company will arrange for them a good place near  the company, Sorry, it's just my individual opinion :)

You're talking about the specific working professional expat group.  There are many others that don't fall in this category.  Retirees for example, can live anywhere.  "Peace Corps" types, like me, prefer to live in the countryside where poor people live so they can volunteer and make a difference.  Traveling Expats (tourists, backpackers) like to travel around visiting places that are not like their home countries. 

So "big shopping center, good schools...." or otherwise the modern conveniences that is common in their home countries, may not be a deciding factor in where we choose to stay.

It's been a while, right?
Engaged and busy with something?  :D

I live in Bien Hoa (3 way intersection of highway 1 and highway 51 Vung Tau) though the locals refer to the Tam Hiep area as Bien Hoa. They will say let's go to Bien Hoa. At first it sounds strange because you are in Bien Hoa but I think they refer Bien Hoa as downtown Bien Hoa where most of the restaurants and retail shops are.

I live in Bien Hoa.   Several years ago i ran an english club.   My nephew was a student at a local college so i had up to 20 classmates in our group.    He has since graduated so i dont know how to start up another group.   If any Vietnamese here wants to do a language exchange please message me.   I also need to improve my Vietnamese.   If any expat wants to meet up for coffee/beer LMK.    Khanh44 that intersection is known locally as " Ngã ba Vung Tau."

Yes that is correct. Anytime someone wants to find me I just say "Nga ba Vung Tau."

I'm trying to teach my wife English. Not very good at it since she's not improving at all.

I am always free. Though most expats are from the Tam Hiep area. But I was just in that area yesterday doing my visa stay extension.

khanh44 wrote:

I live in Bien Hoa (3 way intersection of highway 1 and highway 51 Vung Tau) though the locals refer to the Tam Hiep area as Bien Hoa. They will say let's go to Bien Hoa. At first it sounds strange because you are in Bien Hoa but I think they refer Bien Hoa as downtown Bien Hoa where most of the restaurants and retail shops are.

Yes, me too. I think DUONG NOI DAI has almost new things there.

BH is the bomb!

Yep I'm here in BH

I am in Bien Hoa too but i am a Vietnamese :)

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in Bien Hoa for an internship and I need to find a sport to do !!!!
Like badminton, volley,.... ice hockey would be nice :p
It would also be a great opportunity for me to learn Vietnamese.

If you have any suggestion please let me know !

Max.

Hey Max,

if you fancy some football, there's a bunch of expats playing on Mondays 2pm. PM me for details if you want to come try it out.

Otherwise there's a badminton court at this riverside cafe... conveniently next to a big outdoor pool:
http://www.quancafe.vn/ngocphatriverside#.U75IxIn740E

Pete

Hello there,
My daughter and i are planning on moving to Bien Hoa to work and live, very soon. Would love any information on local accommodation and any other relevant info!! Also looking for a nanny/sitter to look after my daughter during the day, while I'm working. She will be studying by correspondence. Thanks :)

Well, when will you move here? Tell me if you need my help. I will try my best to help you.

Hi there, thanks so much! Hope to be there by the end of November...

Your welcome! Hope to see u soon :)

Hi again, I would love any information on apartments in Bien Hoa, and good boarding houses… Also are there any nannys looking for work in Bien Hoa?! Thanks Charlene

I'm in Bien Hoa city too .. Anyone wanna meet up for coffee or beer ?

Hey Charlene, howz going..

There are some decent apartments starting from 500$ to 700$ /mnth .. yes you can get nannys / helpers here.. The agent will help you with everything as long as you are renting through them.. Cheers :)

Hey there,
Thanks for your reply… Are there fees for the agents?

I don't think so... They get paid from the owner of the house .. :)

Hi there we will arrive in Bien Hoa on the 20th of November. Looking for an apartment/house or a share house. Near to ILA Bien Hoa. Thanks  :)

If u are working for ILA why r they not finding a appartment for you ?? Just wondering .. And yeah there is appartment there .. I can help u but what do u want me to do ??

Hi do you know of any apartments/houses to rent? :)

I just moved here. Living in Quang Vinh. Anyone want to show me around?