Reviews of Mark Twain Int'l Kindergarten/School and Int'l S of Buch.?

Dear Expat Parents,

My family is moving to Bucharest in August: us and our 5-year-old boy.

Does anyone have first-hand experience with MTIS and ISB? I visited Mark Twain, though their system seems to be different from that of Cambridge Int'l S and the IBSB (both more rigid than that of Mark Twain, though theirs seemed more individualized).

Am going to the ISB tomorrow, so don't have a personal opinion yet. Anyhow, I'm confused and looking for some feedback and reviews:

how happy are the children there, how much time do they have for physical activity (not only gym class, but breaks, also breaks outside), how academically challenged are they, what's the national makeup of the students?

Not all these schools fit our ideal budget, but we might be able to set a bit more money aside if it's important enough.

I'll be grateful for any and all honest reviews!

Thanks.

Hi. Anna yana.
Welcome to Bucharest.
My two kids are in ISB .They are really doing great there.
It's a good school no doubt about it.

Paromina,

Thank you for your revew! If you don't mind my asking, how old are they? Our son would be going to Year 1 (for 5-year-olds). Is either of your kids in that or a similar age category?

Thanks!

Hi.  My daughter is in year 4 and my son is in year 2.

Dear Anna,

Have you considered Kings Oak Primary School for your son. My son and daughter both attend the nursery and school and love it. My son is almost 6 and NY daughter is 3.. We have been with the school for 2 1/2 years. The school was formerly known as INSPE. Its a small friendly school with good academics and excellent teachers. It follows the British Curriculum. We are moving this Summer and I wish I could bring the school with us.

Good luck with your search.

Best,

Christine

Dear Christine,

Thanks so much for your reply! I only heard about Kings Oaks on the eve of my temporary departure and so didn't have time to visit it personally. However, my thinking is that it only goes to the age of 6, so the child will have to get used to a new country/people/language/etc. this year, and then change schools again next year. Seems to make more sense to stay at the same place from this perspective. But thank you so much, I'll keep your review in mind!

Hello Anna,

the Kings Oak is opening also secondary school next school year 2016/2017.
I have children 8 and 11 years. We have been in AISB before. We changed to Kings Oak last year and both children are very happy there. I can say that the education is on very good level. The classes are smaller and children have a lot of attention.
It always depend what are your priorities, but if you will have a look and make your own opinion you don't have anything to loose.
Good luck:)

Jana

Hello Jana,

Thank you very much for your review!

Best regards,
Anna

Kings Oak currently goes up to British "year 6" (this is 10/11 years old). As another poster has said, they are expanding upwards next year and going up to 11/12 year olds (year 7).

Thank you for all the comments about Kings Oak. What about Mark Twain? :)