Close

Which International School do you recommend?

Hi
We are expat family (British/American mix) with three kids, moving to Bucharest in August 2015.  All three kids currently attend IB School previously a private school in UK.  All costs will be covered by Company relocation.  Can anyone provide unbiased and genuine opinion on the schools - looks like it's between American IB School in North (looks a big school over 600 pupils) or British School (new one off campus, sports facilities look great) or the International British School downtown (but does it have any greenfield sports areas?).  Which schools have a good British/American mix of kids, which school has best reputation for education and well behaved kids, which school has happiest kids?  Appreciate anyone replying who has first hand experience, barely any info on web.  Thanks

Hi my name is Iolanda .
I would advice to attend the British Skhool in down town is the the best.
I have been working for a multinational Company like ING Bank and some of our Managers have their kids to that school.
If you want you can contact me at [moderated: pls avoid posting your personal details]
I live in the best area in the Down Town .
I would be more than happy to help you with a lot of advices.
let me introduces  my self Iolanda Ionita ex Office Manager at the ING Bank.
I am retired and I could look after your children I have a lot of experience.
Hooping to here from you soon.

have a great day!

Iolanda

lauder-reut.eu/index.php?lang=en
Hello!
I recommend Lauder-Reut, I used to work there!

Hello...I am an American and have been living in Bucharest for five years. I have been teaching here in various schools and have some knowledge of the various schools. I personally would highly recommend Verita School. I am a teacher there for 3rd grade and can tell you it is wonderful. They are brand new in Romania and focus a lot on the emotional development of children, not just academics. We have democratic day where kids vote and choose some of the themes for the classes and the kids love it. The meals are all bio and healthy. Come check us out or visit the Verita School website. Oh by the way, the director is also American.

Hi all -- we are also moving to Romania at the end of August, with 4 kids aged 3 to 11. Been homeschooling so not too worried about school, our oldest two will go to Romanian schools for the first year but we are interested in putting them in an international school in a year or two.

I can't seem to find a list of all the international schools in Bucharest -- is there one?

Are there any expats who had their kids in international schools in other countries and can compare to international schools in Romania?

A concern I have is that due to the prohibitive price tag, the Romanian students attending would be from very rich families and maybe bad habits would make their way into the schools (as it is often the case with very rich and very young people). Does anyone have any comments on that?

Thanks a lot!

Hello, I am an American living here in Romania. I have been teaching at a few different schools in the past 4 years. I am currently teaching at Verita School, a new International School under the British Wales system. We also focus on emotional intellegence and I can highly recommend my school. It is both a great education as well as a great place to work. You can find us on the web under Verita School.

freezer35 :

Hello, I am an American living here in Romania. I have been teaching at a few different schools in the past 4 years. I am currently teaching at Verita School, a new International School under the British Wales system. We also focus on emotional intellegence and I can highly recommend my school. It is both a great education as well as a great place to work. You can find us on the web under Verita School.

Hi Robert,

I've seen that Verita School is authorized by the Romanian Ministry of Education, but is not accredited by them.  Is this correct, and can you let us know the implications of not being accredited?  I know other schools, like the Mark Twain International School for example, are fully accredited  by the Romanian Ministry of Education.  This difference may be significant to some parents in choosing a school.

Thanks

Romaniac
Romania Expat Advisor
Expat.com

Hello...I am only a lowly teacher and not an expert on this topic. I think it comes down to timing. We have only completed our first year as a school in Romania. I think you have to have been established a few years for full accredidation. Better to speak to our school directly for that question so I dont say the wrong information.

Hi Freedelia,
My name is Alisa and I have a sun about 5 yrs.
He going to Verita School!
If you are still interestited finding a school in Bucharest let me know!

Regards
Alisa

Hi Freezer35,

Are you  still there?
My son -David  learning to Verita School?

Regards
Alisa

Expatriate health insurance in Bucharest

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Bucharest

Moving to Bucharest

Find tips from professionals about moving to Bucharest

Travel insurance in Bucharest

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Bucharest

Flights to Bucharest

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Bucharest