New To Phnom Penh

Hello.  I recently relocated to PP--at the behest of a British friend of mine--who was also teaching with me in China (less than 1 year ago).  After returning to my home in the USA last summer; I decided to come to PP so as to obtain an ESL teaching position here.  I must admit that--without any recruiters in the area--is  is somewhat difficult to search for said available positions (and since most of the school semesters started in January of this year; it seems that my only chance is to apply at various language schools; since I just arrived in PP about 5 days ago).  However; I do believe that I will receive a position here within the next 2 weeks (if not earlier).  I am beginning to get out of the hotel and experience all that this great city has to offer and--with my new business visa--it appears that I will have a lot of time to experience and enjoy all that this city has to offer.

Granted; most of my experience is in corporate America (20+ years) but less than 2 years ago; I decided to change careers to the education field (teaching ESL) and therefore will continue to pursue such.  The plan is to get a local phone number tomorrow; so that I can keep in touch with as many people here (and within the country) as possible.  I look forward to meeting members of the expat community in the very near future.  I thank you in advance for allowing me the opportunity to participate in this community.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you read through the posts on the forum for information.

You'll be the zilliancend english language teacher in town ! You have worked more than 20 years in corp. USA. Now you want to get a smell and feel for REAL Life. Welcome at the Bottom !

I'm right behind you. I am ready to meet the locales and enjoy good food!

Be careful what u ask for