Australian moving to Cambodia

Hi there my name is tyreece and my girlfriends name is Belinda. We are looking at moving to Cambodia for work as Belinda might be starting at the international school in pnom phen called eton house. Just curious to know where the good area's to look for accommodation is. And also does any one know of any job agencies in the area or can any one point me in the right direction to finding work. I am currently employed as a forklift mechanic and looking at doing something similar .

Thank's in advance...
Tyreece

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Tyreece!

Your post has been moved to the phnom penh forum for better visibility.
Maybe you could try posting an advert in the phnom penh jobs section as well.
It might help!

Regards
Armand

figure out where eton house is in phnom penh and try and find a place to live close by. I think it's in bkk1 which is generally the safe/expat area. camhr.com and .bongthom.dom are both sites you can use to find jobs

Hi Tyreece,
Accomodation is never a problem in Phnom Penh, but here is some good advice;
Don't do business with the real estate agencies on the Internet, like Dragon, who target foreigners with too much money. You can get a better deal if you just make a tour through the city and write down the phone numbers that landlords display on balconies etc. The signs dont always say "for rent", they often just give you a phone number. It's also a good idea to view the apartment right after a rainshower, to make sure that the roof isn't leaking and that the street doesn't get submerged.
A good area is the area south of Sihanouk Blvd and west of Norodom Blvd.
I've lived in PP for almost 3 years now, so I have some experience!

Best,
Rene

http://www.camhr.com/jobs/keyword_searc … r=job_list

HEYA.. this site is good for jobs

accommodation u'll find easily through an agent

Yes I read a post that an expat rented an apartment from an agent for $400.00 a month. But the owner had ask for, and would have been happy with $280.00

Hi guys,
I am also moving back over from Aus and was wondering if you managed to find any good freight companies? I am moving from Melbourne and will be doing some research myself. If I find any good ones would you like me to share them with you also?

tyreece wrote:

Hi there my name is tyreece and my girlfriends name is Belinda. We are looking at moving to Cambodia for work as Belinda might be starting at the international school in pnom phen called eton house. Just curious to know where the good area's to look for accommodation is. And also does any one know of any job agencies in the area or can any one point me in the right direction to finding work. I am currently employed as a forklift mechanic and looking at doing something similar .

Thank's in advance...
Tyreece

Yes, accommodation is easy to find, try looking yourself and try real estate agents, cover both angles.
As for your field of work, you will not find it here, you will need to cross to new pastures.