Hello all!

I decided to register after reading some of the questions and replies.

I have been considering to make the big move to Cambodia. I have visited once and enjoyed it. I am single with no family and no children so nothing here for me. i have managed to save about $4000USD and am going to just fly there and hope I can find a job. I spent 20 years as a police officer and I am a certified flight instructor but I never finished my degree.

It sounds like jobs are not difficult to get. I am just hoping I will find something before my savings runs dry.

Thanks everyone for adding to my courage to do this. Any advice or reassurances on the job search would also be much appreciated.

Nick

Hi Nick,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I advise you to post a detailed ad in the Jobs in phnom penh section. It can really give you a boost.

However, i am sure that other members will advise you soon. :)

Thank you

Priscilla,
Expat.com team

Hi Nick,

Welcome...

Can you teach? If you are interested to then it wont be difficult for you to find a job...

Just search schools and send your resume either online or walk in... I suggest walk in is better. If not, try to search www.bongthom.com/jobs...

Goodluck...

Hope to hear from you...

Thank you very much

As far as teaching goes I was a DARE officer for 12 years teaching in the schools as well I am currently a flight instructor teaching foreign students aviation

I hope that might be enough to help

Hey Nick! Great decision you're making! I did the same thing, just came over without a job. I was lucky enough to know one person here who knew all the right people in the field I was looking into: publishing. What field of work are you interested in?

Thank you! I am currently a flight instructor so I have been teaching for awhile. I am thinking about the English teaching to begin with then maybe on the side teach aviation English

Great! I have a ton of teacher friends over here who I'd be happy to introduce you to once you arrive. Most of them participated in the Language Corps program when they got here. I think it's like a one-month program. Getting a teaching gig here isn't too tough, though. Having teaching experience is certainly a plus!

I am currently in the Language Corps program, it's pretty good and it's a 4 week program. However, it is not necessary get a job here. I just wanted confidence and to be able to teach in other countries where a TESOL//TEFL certificate is required. Getting a job in person here is the easiest way. I can give you more of the info they are telling us in class. Send me a message if you have any questions...and good luck!