Moving to the Santa Marta/Medellin area of Columbia.

Greetings fellow wanderers of the world.  I am currently finishing up on having lived in Guatemala for the past two and a half years.  I'm not a liver of a plush life style.  My costs right now, for a one bedroom apt are $300.00 plus electricity.  I don't have a car/motorcycle/bike, so an area that is walking friendly is handy.  I'm retired, so this could be my last move, I'm thinking more on a permanent basis.  I play guitar, write some tunes, etc.... I usually try to get some other musical folks together and play Open-Mike-Nights.  Nothing serious.  This is not a unique profile for an expat so I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction.

If anyone needs information pertaining to Guatemala, especially the Antigua area, I can paint you a pretty complete picture.  Social - Economic - Cultural?

I'd like to close by saying .......*HELP*.......  Sin Fin.

Hi Sin Fin,
                   FYI Santa Marta is on the Carib coast and is very hot there every day. Medellin however is up in the mountians at an altitude of about 5000 ft. and has mild temperatures most days. People complain when the temp reaches 80  or more in Medellin , whereas in Santa Marta an 80 degree day is unusual. Medellin is huge by comparison with Santa Marta.
Pato