Retiring in Medallin

Hey souls of change.   

I'm a retired musician from toronto canada and I'm looking to retire in Medallin Columbia.  Last year I went to Cuenca Ecuador and it was very nice as well but may be a little to old for my liking.
I am interested in anyone who could help me with questions about retiring in Medallin.  Most important is how to bring my drums and small studio with me for I am always writing and composing. 
If anyone can help that would be great.   Namaste to all

Hi Offthetreadmill,

I have created a new thread with your post on the Medellin forum in order to bring much more light to your request.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

The firs step is to go to the Colombian Embassy site and see what type of emigrant you will be.  If you qualify for a retirement visa or investor visa then the government will allow you to bring with you all of your property.  Follow the legal guidelines I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised.

I moved to Medellin from the States and brought my drums, keyboards, and PA system (and a lot more)  as UNACCOMPANIED BAGGAGE..  Everything was boxed and then put onto pallets at TCC  in Miami..  If you are flying within 10-14 days of shipping this is an excellent and inexpensive way to ship whatever..  Air cargo..  You just need to show them your ticket..  In Medellin you pick up everything at the Intl Airport and sign your import documents at the DAS  (customs) office next to the loading dock..  There are always many trucks outside the gate waiting for a load to take into the City..   Its actually really easy..

Good luck..

Thts great ...