Cost for passport

My friend need a passport to apply for a tourist visa for to come to USA, does anyone know the passport fees?

JayW54 wrote:

My friend need a passport to apply for a tourist visa for to come to USA, does anyone know how much it cost to apply for Colombian passport ?

Hi JayW54,

You might try to contact the embassy of USA in Colombia to get some information?

Thank you.

It costs about 190.000 in total. At current exchange rates this is about US $ 60. A Colombian citizen has to go to La Gobernacion, usually located int the capital city of whatever Department you are in.  (A Department is like a State or Province). About half of the fee is for the passport itself, the other half is a Department Tax. iI suppose we  could translate La Gobernacion as state government office.
It takes about 3 visits, usually long lines that can take about 3 hours in the line. In some cases it can take a couple of weeks in between first visit and picking up your passport (they won't mail it to you it must be picked up in person) but it  can be a fast a a few days from first visit to picking up your Coombian passport.

http://pasaportes.antioquia.gov.co:8080 … =pasaporte appointment in the below page:

http://pasaportes.antioquia.gov.co:8080 … =pasaporte

We received our appointment the next day.  You go into the Passport centre, show them your appointment reference and then pay at the first bank.  wait for your number to be called, then go to the officer and have the potos taken and details entered. 

You will then be given a reference paper which you take to the second bank (also inside the Passport centre) and pay the second fee.   Make sure you maintain this with you - you need it to reclaim your Passport.

We received an email the next day our sons Passport was ready and went and picked it up (with the proof of payment and ID).

Very easy and it was quite quick.

Here are the costs

http://www.cancilleria.gov.co/tramites_ … tes/costos

Passport for which country?

Colombian passport for Colombian citizens

Thanks,

Thanks for the info,

yes, for Colombian citizens

Christine wrote:

Hi JayW54,

You might try to contact the embassy of USA in Colombia to get some information?

Thank you.

Thanks Christine

JohnAmericaninBarranquill wrote:

It costs about 190.000 in total. At current exchange rates this is about US $ 60. A Colombian citizen has to go to La Gobernacion, usually located int the capital city of whatever Department you are in.  (A Department is like a State or Province). About half of the fee is for the passport itself, the other half is a Department Tax. iI suppose we  could translate La Gobernacion as state government office.
It takes about 3 visits, usually long lines that can take about 3 hours in the line. In some cases it can take a couple of weeks in between first visit and picking up your passport (they won't mail it to you it must be picked up in person) but it  can be a fast a a few days from first visit to picking up your Coombian passport.

Thanks for the info, John

Does anypone know where I go to get a Colombian passport in Medellin.........I have dual citizenship............American and Colombian.............give me a call xxxx .....................Jaime

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct