Heyy expats!!!lany suggestion to do some activities together!!

Hi I'm Ozlem. I'm living in Barcelona since september. Before, I was living in Madrid for 1.5 year. Here I'm studying acting and writing a thesis in Sociology of Fine Arts...Actually, it was easier in madrid to make friends and enjoy the activities with them. In barcelona, I found it relatively difficult to understand how people are making activities together? Just let me know is there any planned activity of Expat in Barcelona??? or let's plan one for us...Here even to meet with english speaking friends and talk will make me happy...because I'm lost in translation:)))) to catalan, to castelllano....
See u.
Ozlem

Welcome to the forum ozlem :)

So how is life in Barcelone?

By the way what kind of activities you are proposing! Clubbing, Sport Events, Bowling !

Regards!

Hi there and welcome! :)

This forum used to be a lot more active but has since moved to Facebook. There is a pretty active expat community here in BCN, it's just a mater of seeking it out!

I'll send you a private message with my FB address.

Steven

"This forum used to be a lot more active but has since moved to Facebook"

What?!?!? Where? How? An announcement might've been an idea...

ha ha I don't mean formally! I mean informally! i.e. There hasn't been a conscious decision made. It's just that many people now talk on Facebook and seem to chat a lot less here than they once did! Which is a shame. :(

Well, we're chatting, Steven B, so that's a start...

Let's hope our presence and activity here will sufficiently inspire others to follow our shining example

I'm still here, I'm just busy, busy, busy at the moment.

Maybe we should organise another Expat.com party - would have to be in the next couple of weeks though, as a lot of people will be going home for Christmas I guess.

Should I pick a date and start a thread?

Hi, its very nice to have a sound from all three...I understood that JPope is busy...Steven and Chimes I only know two of you at the moment!! What about just meeting to drink something and talk..I am really wondering how is the daily life here...How to survive in Barcelona socially..I am seeing a lot of cafes in my district, Gracia, and observing that everybody is going with their friends or couples..and don't see anyone talking to a desconocido. After the madrid experience I found it tooo cool to make friends..so this is my observation that makes me a little bit frustrated. so how should I begin???thanks.

I'm never too busy to meet up for a coffee or something. :)

I'll message you my facebook, email and phone number. Let me know when you are free, and we can get together.

I have a 4m Power kite which I've not used since I've been here. If anyone wants to meet at the beach one weekend we can get it out and have a play.

I have kites, but they are in a shipping container somewhere.

Sounds good to me, but looking at the weather report, being on the beach any weekend for the next few might need a thermos of coffee!

Good job I bought a thermos with me then when I moved. I usually find I get very hot anyway. So flying in cooler temps is not a problem. What kites have you got? Mine is a 4m Ozone Flow, basically a good beginners kite.

This is what I thought I read on my iphone, when first alerted to this thread...

JPope wrote:

I have kittens, but they are in a shipping container somewhere.

Sh*t! That reminds me! Must unpack those puppies...

JPope wrote:

I have kittens, but they are in a shipping container somewhere.

If ever I were to write 'LOL' it would be here. I won't of course (it's a matter of principle), but thanks for making me laugh! :)

Gracia! Finally someone else who has chosen to live in what is arguably the nicest neighbourhood of Barcelona!

Anyway, does anyone feel like meeting up this weekend? Saturday night?

Yes

Yes, I do..saturday night?Where? You're the master of Gracia. I'm the new comer:)
Take care. See u.

I've got a suggestion, but it isn't in Gracia - it's down by Drassanes and it's a really cool bar.

For me it is OK-

Hi everyone!
I would love to go... but I can't, I'm having a pre-Xmas party on Saturday! and this is a huge "puente", so I'll be going to the mountains... If you're doing something tomorrow I could join you!
Fins aviat!

I suggest this:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 564#232380