Outdoor Activities and Sports

Hi everyone,

I am wondering whether anyone is involved in or could recommend groups which do outdoor activities, such as hiking or cycling, or any other kind of sports in Barcelona.
With spring on its way, I want to make the most of being outside!

If no-one has any recommendations, perhaps we could start a group for people who are also keen?

Looking forward to some feedback,

Seza

Hello, Seza,

That sounds very good! Outdoor activity in Spring is exciting!

What sports do you like? Hiking, cicling, jogging, volleyball, etc?

Let's start it. :)

Regards,
Ying

seza wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am wondering whether anyone is involved in or could recommend groups which do outdoor activities, such as hiking or cycling, or any other kind of sports in Barcelona.
With spring on its way, I want to make the most of being outside!

If no-one has any recommendations, perhaps we could start a group for people who are also keen?

Looking forward to some feedback,

Seza

I cheer you up to do it so.

Outdoor activities could be a interesting way to have a good time and get to know other people! =)

Yingyan wrote:

Hiking, cicling, jogging, volleyball, etc?

seza wrote:

Hi everyone,

Seza

Greetings Seza + Ying,

I get to Barcelona in eight days and would like to meet for activities. My second time living in Catalonia, after travelling several other parts of Spain ( this one will be more permanent ) and I already have a bike waiting for me when I arrive, know several of the less crowded bicycle paths, would also enjoy tennis or just about anything including meeting for Sant Jordi events, drinks, volunteer functions, humanitarian causes, political assemblies, etc.

The last few just for current affairs or if any have strong interest but on the lighter side --- evening gatherings are always an option down the road. A stroll through Passeig de Gracia, a Night in a Museum ...

Sounds very good! Let's make it!

By the way, what's your name?

Cheers,
Ying

RiskYAyudA wrote:
Yingyan wrote:

Hiking, cicling, jogging, volleyball, etc?

seza wrote:

Hi everyone,

Seza

Greetings Seza + Ying,

I get to Barcelona in eight days and would like to meet for activities. My second time living in Catalonia, after travelling several other parts of Spain ( this one will be more permanent ) and I already have a bike waiting for me when I arrive, know several of the less crowded bicycle paths, would also enjoy tennis or just about anything including meeting for Sant Jordi events, drinks, volunteer functions, humanitarian causes, political assemblies, etc.

The last few just for current affairs or if any have strong interest but on the lighter side --- evening gatherings are always an option down the road. A stroll through Passeig de Gracia, a Night in a Museum ...

Hi, I am not involved in any sports etc but have just moved to Barcelona from NZ and am very keen to start up something like this/meet people. :)
Lauryce

Great! I'm happy to organise some events if people are interested. Could you give me some ideas of what kid of sports you're all keen on?

Seza,

I suggest sports that people can play as a group,i.e, volleyball (in the beach), football, tenis, or much smaller Pingpong, :P, or climb the mountain, etc.

Anyone else has some ideas?

Cheers,
Ying

Anything sounds good, even a lunch/ meet up somewhere to get to know people. I'm keen on walking and exploring around :)

Sorry everyone, I thought this forum would send me a notification to my mailbox whenever someone writes a new message after me ... anyway,

@ Yingyan --- My adopted name in Spain is Delgado or just Del and I absolutely would enjoy climbing some mountains for exercise, admiring the views or nature while having some friendly chatter along the way.

@ Seza --- I definitely will join you, Ying and Lauryce but I get in Barcelona next Wednesday. A little frisbee anyone ???

@ Lauryce --- I often like walking around, stopping for a coffee somewhere or attending some of the other functions I mentioned and will need to visit one of the shoppng centers, like Glores, to look for a tennis racquet if any of you want to meet at those type times.

I found this Meetup group. It's ultimate frisbee if anyone's interested.
meetup.com/Barcelona-Ultimate-Frisbee/?gj=ej1b&a=wg2.3_grpn

Hi Seza,

Thanks for the information. I've never tried this sport before. Have you?

Cheers,
Ying

seza wrote:

I found this Meetup group. It's ultimate frisbee if anyone's interested.
meetup.com/Barcelona-Ultimate-Frisbee/?gj=ej1b&a=wg2.3_grpn

Im up for doing something as well, allmost any sport sounds good to me.

Sounds good.Did you find one,Seza

Hello Del,

I live in England and would like to visit Spain for few days. Would you be willing to take me around if you are free.

Im from Zimbabwe but now settled in UK

Best wishes
Shepherd

Hi Shepherd,

This is an old thread. You should either create your own thread on the Spain forum or participate on recent threads so that members might help you out.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi Guys.
I run outdoor fitness classes on Barceloneta beach. I have bootcamps, circuit training, legs bums tums, fatburn, and running interval classes. Everyone that goes is really nice, with most of them like me, new to the city. All the classes are in English (with a Scottish accent). You can find my 3 groups on meet up, 'Outdoor Fitness Classes Barceloneta Beach', 'Running Intervals', and 'Barcelona Weight Loss Group'.Your first class is free so come along and check it out.  I also offer 1 on 1 personal training sessions. Meet up is also great for joining sports teams or taking hikes into the countryside. If you have any questions then send me a message. I would be keen to meet up for a game of football or some mountain hikes so I look forward to seeing what you arrange.
Alan

Sorry Bhavna, I only just noticed how old this post actually is!