Handball clubs in Barcelona?

Hola all,

I'm from Melbourne in Australia, and am staying in Barcelona for 6 weeks before I spend the rest of 2009 travelling around some of Europe, and then Central and South America. I am taking Spanish classes while I am in Barcelona, and have the afternoons and evenings free... I play a lot of European handball back at home, and I really miss it!  I would love to find a female handball club to train with for the 5 more weeks that I am in Barcelona for, but am having trouble finding much information on the internet... does anyone know any intermediate level clubs I could possibly train (or even play a few games) with?! I'm 24, and have been playing handball at a reasonable level in Australia for 6 years.

Thanks so much!
Kate

Hola,

Handball is called Handbol in Catalan, which is the organising body. 

This is their website, in Catalan: 

And this is the contact information for a club in BCN:

ADRIANENC, HANDBOL
Adreça:     AV. RAMON DE PENYAFORT, S/N
Localitat:     SANT ADRIA DE BESOS
CP:     08930

Telèfon contacte :     629546982

Lloc web :      http://www.santmartiadrianenc.com
Fax:     933057813
Adreça electrònica     [email protected]

I have chosen that one at random as it was the first one that was in BCN, they can hopefully help you.

Failing that, type "handbol" into a google.cat search engine and click on the Federació site.

If you still have trouble, drop another note.

Cheers,

Oreneta

Thanks so much for your quick response! I will try them - it's helpful to know handball is handbol in Catalan... I had been searching using balonmano. Gracias! Kate