DSTV In Lybya Marsa El Brega

Good day All Expats in Lybya, Specialy thsoe closer to Marsa EL Brega,

I have just bring my self a DSTV Decoder the 131, with card from SA, had it activated and setup to receive the full DSTV range,

I believe the sat to tune to is the Intelsat 7/10

Is there any one that can give me some advice to the size of disch and disch instalation to this to enable to get the Intalsat 7/10 in Marsa Elbrega,
Oficialy DSTV is not available in Lyba, but it seem as I picked up some coments from some EXPATS in forums it is posible to recieve the Sat beam as long as you have the DSTV decoder and card activated in SA before going to Libya.
need some help on the dich size and the indication for the disch point setting plus the type LNB to use.

Thanks John lockem

I picked up DSTV while we were living in Libya using a 2.8m dish, C band LNB pointing at 68.5 deg E. The signal was ok but dropped out regularly.

Ok Yep a have tried now with a 91cm Disch but can not pickup the Intelsat 7/10. wil go and chack for a 2.8 then see if it wil work. what was the cost of such disch, was it motorised or fix type,  did you had to contact DSTV to let it reset again fro Libya region, or do's it not matter tje location of the decoder,?

I got hold of a used 2.8m aluminum fixed dish for 600 Lyd from one of the satellite TV places opposite the main Aman bank building.

I was using a dodgy receiver and had to get it reflashed every once in a while, no DSTV subs.

Hi jlockem.

Are you a saffer ?  DSTV has changed their signal recently and all of us that had the stations before are now without.

I bought Showtime from Dubai (and cheaper than DSTV), and you get to see all the ruggas, including Curriecup, complete S14, tests etc.

Let me know if you want to get in contact.  We have braai's every weekend during rugby season, and get together a couple of times a year (organized by us, as the embassy is useless) just to get more of the non-regulars there as well.

Cheers
Francois

Hi John,

Are you a saffer ? 

DSTV has changed their satelite, as well as all access codes.  All of us here previously with DSTV are now without.

I bought showtime from Dubai (cheaper than DSTV) and you get to see all the ruggas, from Curriecup, S14, all tests, Tri-nations etc. to Heineken cup.

let me know if you need more info.

Cheers
Francois

Hi Francio,

Ye man, It is a Pity :/, to be then with out DSTV:rolleyes:, I like to watch some of the soapies and movies they have, currently on Nilesat 101 - 102, with not to bad movies :cool:,
Time off is not great, as we only get off on Fridays "Option to work?:(" and with each last friday compulsory off time" so to travel around and to explore Libya from Marsa EL Brega to Tripoli, not worth while it is a 8 hour drive between the two towns.
will try the last option, get a motorised dish between 1.4 and 2.4 set up for the Intelsat 7/10, see that I have the decoder 1131 and smart card here and it was fully activated just  two weeks ago in Sa at my home. Sad if it is not going to work.:(