StarSat TV

The apartment I've moved into has a StarSat satellite TV decoder box, but I have no idea where to find an agent that can get me connected/up and running... anyone have any suggestions? :/

Maybe I'm stating the fookin obvious, but have you connected it up to your TV, set the TV to the correct EXT connection and seen what's on the screen? ;)

Yessssss... me may be strawberry blonde but me not thick... hahaha!! :rolleyes: What I need to know is where does one get a new updated and subscribed to card to go in the said machine? If you know, then that would be a real help. :)

Think GeoffRoberts posted up something about this in the Sat TV thread....if you get a result please post it up here :)

Hi Guys,
You need an Abracadabra dodgy card off the Sat shops onnthe Gorgi road, take the box with you, as they will need to update the box memory to, it can change very quick, especially when the football is on, it costs around 20 to 30 lyd for the card and usually approx 3 to 5 lyd to get the box and card done. If you have a motorised dish you can get loads of channels, if you use the Thor Sat the codes are on the net for free, not sure on the showtime.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Geoff

There is a whole bunch of sattellite shops on Gurgi road, just opposite Aman Bank.
It is around 1Km away from the smelly roundabout of Al Talat mall.

You'll have to take the receiver with you as it will need software update.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Really guys (Geoff and Joe)... thanks big time!

You're welcome...
What about Sandman ??:rolleyes:

He likes to be a teaser ;), but he's really a golden mine of info....

Hahahaha... OK, Sandman too :D

:)

Tell us when you'll have your box fixed so we can come and watch a movie or a rugby match....

I'll try to bring some nice chilled white ... grape juice ;)

geoffroberts13 wrote:

Thor Sat the codes are on the net for free, not sure on the showtime.

Do you have a URL for the site for Thor codes Mr Geoffers?

Expat Joe wrote:

There is a whole bunch of sattellite shops on Gurgi road, just opposite Aman Bank.
It is around 1Km away from the smelly roundabout of Al Talat mall.

You'll have to take the receiver with you as it will need software update.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Like Mr Joe says - on the row of shops directly opposite the Aman Bank HQ, just look for the forest of dishes on the front of the store.

The StarSat decoder is 55 Lyd, the Abracadabra access card is 30 Lyd.