Moving to Egypt - will be alone and bored - are you the same?

Hi

I will be going to Egypt (Red Sea) in 2011 however as I am going alone it will be daunting and challenging.

I am looking to hear from anyone in the Red Sea area or looking to go to on their own who is willing to share experiences, concerns and planning via PM.

I am not looking for a romantic encounter, just someone positive to network / chat with and share the realities of living or moving to the Red Sea

I have investigated it all very carefully, I have my own business here in the UK that will continue to operate so will have a steady income when I am over there so not after any money either.

It's a big step...and a welcome break to see "You have got mail"

Hello ,believe me u will never be bored in the Red Sea Area
will u be working or just a long vacation?

Moving; I have my own business in the UK.

I do not require to work local however if I am bored I will. 

I am aware that it will not be Utopia as it is a developing country and Egypt is full of scammers so I am on my guard and expect the worse however my focus is on making it work

As I do anticipate challenges I feel it is best to tackle these with the input and support of someone else and likewise they get the same from me.

Whilst not necessary I would initially look for a long term rent and it would be great to get someone to share bills. If I am cooking a meal for one person there is not much expense of extra mess if it is for 2 people.

It's daunting to move to a foreign country all on my own

hEEEEEY Sunsmile,

of course u are welcomed any time, living here in egypt has never been coolest than before ,in Renting so many places are prettyy awesome for expats .eventhough there might be traffic killers some where in cairo , which is fine as you dont have to go working some place and coming back during rush hrs....you can manage for short term stay if no harm...

Hi Sunsmile! Which part of the Red sea?... I'm living in El Gouna since 1998 - plenty of expats (also from UK), who make lovely gatherings from time to time...

I am looking at Nabq Bay in Sharm :)

I am writing to a lovely female at the moment :cool: but she has a boyfriend :(

Hey ho though at least I have a friend to write to and I never know what the future will bring ;)

sunsmile wrote:

I am looking at Nabq Bay in Sharm :)

I am writing to a lovely female at the moment :cool: but she has a boyfriend :(

Hey ho though at least I have a friend to write to and I never know what the future will bring ;)

Hi sunsmile!

I think I recognize your style :P

Nice to see you around here!