Relationships- info about living in Egypt

Hey everyone!

hey

Sarah339 wrote:

Hey everyone!

Welcome to Expat.com

Could you please introduce yourself to the forum with a little information about yourself etc. Thanks

I'm Sarah from Denmark, I'm planning to move to Alexandria the end of this year. I'm a fashion designer planning to start my own label company soon and I'm just trying to gain some info about live in Egypt... I obviously know things will be different there but how different is what I need help with

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Your post is now on the Egypt forum for better visibility and interaction.

Do you need any specific information regarding life in Egypt?

I invite you to browse through the various discussions on the forum.

Thank you,

Hasnaa

I hope if you ate going to start your own business here you have checked all the regs / laws regarding this in Egypt.
you have Deposit money in the bank, etc.
there is another new thread - ..foreign business owner - with an excellent post giving you a good idea of what you would have to do.

Biffy- No I'm going to start it in Denmark and have an office in Egypt but thank you so you for the advise

Yes - nut surely the same laws / tax laws will apply.
you surely cant just cone and 'open up an office' and be outside all laws here!?

Of course not that's why I consulted the Egyptian embassy for regulation and taxation plus I hired a lawyer who specialize in corporate law

Welcome to the forums and Egypt in advance,

Beside what Biffy said, In my opinion your best is to come here as you planned WITHOUT rushing into bussiness.. you need to stay some weeks , take a tour in the city understand culture, and hopefully you will had friends who have knowledge in this kind of business (cause market is full of Turkish/Taiwanese batches ranging in quality)....

Cause its not just "choice" of good interesting fashion that match the country`s taste, but also the business model itself, (location, size of the shop, Targeted customers financials etc.) its one of the common activities here a clothing shop even if it was High end... many of them fail in a year or less.

Thank you Spiritstallion
I appreciate the advice :)

@travel 2b

Welcome to the forum.

You have posted on a very old thread (May 2014) so you may not get a reply. You can open a new thread if you wish.