Hi all, I'm looking forward to life in hurghada!

Hi everyone

I stumbled across this forum whilst searching for a apartment in hurghada.

Although I've never visited Egypt before - I am aware of the pitfalls and risks  of buying overseas as i have a holiday apartment in turkey.

I plan to gather as much information as possible prior to visiting hurghada in the summer and welcome advice and would greatly appreciate recommendations from yourselves.

Xxx

Hurghada in summer is extremely hot. Otherwise I'd like to know why you choiced Hurghada, why not Sharm? However  Hurghada has cheap prices, taxes are not expensive. You'd enjoy it.
P.S. Sharm is totally different and more beautiful and clean compared to Hurghada.

life in hurghada is awesome and more saver and secure ...abit cheap life with many more than better facilities :) . and if you think to buy there , then its good idea, cuz prices there never go down , and now adays i think its the best for own and invest your money in an beautiful apartment ;)

if u r interest in a nice appartment in a nice compound ,with a nice price please message me

Thanks for all your replys... Does anyone know of a recommended  complex to buy on?... I'm looking for a one or two bedroom apartment, swimming pool, on site security  and it has to be walking distance to beach and shops.

Thanks in advance

Mohamed Adel wrote:

Hurghada in summer is extremely hot. Otherwise I'd like to know why you choiced Hurghada, why not Sharm? However  Hurghada has cheap prices, taxes are not expensive. You'd enjoy it.
P.S. Sharm is totally different and more beautiful and clean compared to Hurghada.

Sharm I think is out of my price range... I'm looking to pay no more than 20k..

HI
LIFE IN HURGHADA IS SO NICE
IF U WILL BUY FLAT AROUND 90 METTERS TWO ROOMS RECEPTION KITCHEN BATHROOM BALACON GOOD AREA IT`S WILL BE AROUND 30.000 EURO
NO RISK ANY MORE

@ MR AHMED AYAD > Welcome to Expat.com and thank you for your post :)

However, can you please lower the caps next time you post on the forum? The fact is that writing in caps lock actually means shouting.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

the best thing you can do will be to visit hurghada for a week but before summer because in summer every thing will be double  and search for an apartment there and see the places and the range and try to make a friendship with some Egyptians before you come Egypt because they will help you alot and if you went alone if it cost 18,000 the owner will give it for you by 20000~22000 as you don't know any thing about prices but if you are with an Egyptian friend he might mange to get it by 16000 for you ;) believe me having even an Egyptian penfriend will help you a lot
and have a nice  time in Egypt :)

When foreigner woman living alone in Egypt, it's no easy. But if u don't give up, don' trust TO ANY ONE, and be strong, u'll enjoy about Egyptian weather and how ppl respect natur with buildings and streets. Gardagah is most of open minded city, I living in here and already found few good friends. Wi ;) sh luck to all f u, and see u.

you welcome

bellakirppu-64 wrote:

When foreigner woman living alone in Egypt, it's no easy. But if u don't give up, don' trust TO ANY ONE, and be strong, u'll enjoy about Egyptian weather and how ppl respect natur with buildings and streets. Gardagah is most of open minded city, I living in here and already found few good friends. Wi ;) sh luck to all f u, and see u.

:)

I just spent a week in hurghada renting an apartment with my husband (who is egyptian, so we got a good price). It was close enough to the beach and shops to walk, and there was a coffee shop located under our apartment building, along with smaller shops selling fruit and groceries. I loved it. We currently live in Cairo (which no offense, I don't really like it) but I LOVED hurghada.. mainly because I'm still new here and I think it's a great spot to start out in at least. It's so much cleaner as well. Being a foreign woman always makes it a bit more difficult but I found that I had no trouble going out by myself to buy things or do errands as long I knew how to communicate.

Everyone tells me that Hurghada is better to live in as opposed to Sharm just because it's more.. liveable. Sharm is more of a tourist spot. So I guess it depends on what you are looking for.

Good luck with the apartment search. :)

Welcome any time