American marring in Egypt

i am Egyptian man 37 years old
really i think age between man and women when married must be not away than 10 or 12 years
to can understand each othe and have happy live
i look for marrige , may Allah give me good wife
my best wishes for all

Thank you for your advice, Muslim1219

You are somewhat right ... as with all things in Egypt it is never straight forward ... I am Irish ... my wife Egyptian.. married September 2014 .. she was 25 and I was 56 .. age differance 31.... now our lawyer told us that the problem age differance is 30 years  but it could well be 25 ...
I belive .. but not certain that it only applies to non Egyptian man marrying an Egyptian woman ... The law was brought in to protect young Egyptian girls being married off to old Saudi men where they were marring them and abusing them and divorcing them after a couple of months ...  The issue was raised by an investigating  TV journalist a few years back and the up shot is the law ... you really need a lawyer to handle this ... The woman has to have 40,OO0 LE put in the national bank of Egypt in her name and can only be touched if she is divorced or after 10 years .. as some protection .. Second the woman's father or other senior male family member has to sign to a prove of the marriage ... then an application is made for permission and is noterized. I think by a judge or a senior official in final approval ... lots of documentation.. stamps .. visas and translations etc .. can't recall the exact detail ..

Thank you misterbig-Ireland. I was given the same information. An attorney in this blog said since I'm a woman , I don't really need an lawyer.

No Problem ... anything else just send me a message ..

Hello
Well they just created a new law here last month
Which is that the difference between a stranger man and his egyptian wife should be less than 25 years old OR the man should put her end dowry in the amount of 50000,00 egyptian pound which means almost 6000 dollars... But I believe that will apply for the Gulf men because they made troubles here... Still our parliament should approve that law
Good luck with my best wishes

Can you clarify the age restrictions? Your lawyer said 30 years? I thought it's 25.

It is 25 years

Is 30 and 40000 LE ... but change in progress maybe iin the next month for 25 and 50000 LE ...