Taught id introduce myself

hi everyone,
my names aleks and iv been living here for about 16 years,my parents moved here for work,so i pretty much grew up here.
if theres anything i can help with,do let me know.id like to make new freinds and meet new people and try organise meet ups and activities for everyone.
chears:-)

Welcome to Expat.com aleks !

Sandman6 wrote:

pty u didnt taught urself 2 spk english

And it's a pity YOU don't have anything better to do with your life than to hurl insults at people when it isn't called for. Seriously.
I mean I get that it's pretty lousy typing but the person meant well and it's pretty clear English isn't their first language. In a world built to your lofty standards you'd have been hooted out of Libya the instant you set foot in it because you didn't speak impeccable Arabic like the locals demand.

@OP Welcome to the forum. Sixteen years is a very long time to have spent in Libya. Must've been some hard years too. Good luck with meeting new friends, which shouldn't be too hard since you're in Tripoli.

@ sandman??!!! what's your problem??
it's a shame you didn't TEACH yourself english!
english is my first language,i was simply writting freely and didn't realize this was what you come here to do,judge how people write.i'm not writting a formal letter.
i didn't write this for you,i wrote this for people who would understnd what i mean,you obviously don't.i consider this kind of dispute senceless and therefore wouldn't  waste time on it.

@the big tuna,thank you for your greatings,they're highly appreciated.
sixteen years weren't hard.its a great experience.

@julien, thank you for your kind welcome

best regards

Calm down kids,it was clearly a joke on Sandy's part. You have to see the irony in a post from someone whose profile says they're an English teacher and yet contains grammatical, punctuation and typo/spelling errors!
Welcome Aleks, stick around and you'll soon learn people's different sense of humour. :)

Welcome aboard Aleks, I echo Mudman's comments, you will soon get used to peoples quirky natures on here, it can even be fun at times.:top:

Welcome.  Aleks.  Stick around.

When I first got on, someone -- and I won't mention who -- really hurt me by something they said and now we are actually friends.

I've always considered English as a meaning of universal communication ... native speakers will be in advantage any time, of course. We all know that.
As up sense of humour, it is individual. I am not English,not at all, but I like their sense of humour ...especially when they comment on Scots
:lol::lol:     

Bona Fide

Welcome to the jungle, Aleks

Welcome to the blog. You practically grew up here, I am sure you have a lot to offer to this blog.

When there's so much to say, it's best to say nothing.

thank you all for the kind greatings.
i hope i can help with any questions you have about libya.
libya has become home to me,but im most intrested in reading how you guys find it.
i know it has it's down sides,but without a doupt you get to meet people here from all over the world.

it's a pleasure to meet you all:)

aleksandra2319 wrote:

thank you all for the kind greatings.
i hope i can help with any questions you have about libya.
libya has become home to me,but im most intrested in reading how you guys find it.
i know it has it's down sides,but without a doupt you get to meet people here from all over the world.

it's a pleasure to meet you all:)

See you Thursday.  But send me your full name for the list.  I emailed you earlier today.

Obviously some people have nothing else to do other than picking on others. This blog is meant for sharing knowledge and experience, if you have nothing to share don't interfere....

As for any grammatical mistakes,"i cud b typn lyk dis if id lyk"....... ( people are too serious )... give me a break, its a forum to chat and not type in formally, as long as it is readable.

glad to find atleast others who have better gestures(thumbs up).

@ sea angel i taught i sent my full name and my friend's name aswell.i'll send it again,no worries:)looking forward to meeting you:)
@WALI thank you very much for your support.glad to see that people understand the point of my post:-)

You can always count on the mans to stick up for each other...
:P

Hi Aleksandra,

Yea, guess you just experienced some strange people trying to take over your thread this wasn't a surprise for me when I first posted here got the same lame talk from some member.

Anyway welcome on board!

GM

Welcome.

Sure your experience will be very helpful to people.

Probably me.

hi gernademan,

thank you,i greatly apreciate it!
i guess this sort of thing is normal:-)

hi gheko!

sure thing,let me know however i can help.

Gernademan = Firefox = Astonished = the rest of his banned profiles?

Who is shaking your cage???

Just for clarification, it is related to Sandman's miserable comments.

aleksandra2319 wrote:

@ sandman??!!! what's your problem??
it's a shame you didn't TEACH yourself english!
english is my first language...

First of all, welcome to the forum Aleks :)
Please don't take comments to heart. Sandman is a very helpful fella but alas, doesn't suffer fools gladly (hardly a crime in my book)
This forum -as well as being very informative- can also be a source of fun and amusement due to the fact that it is a place where a wide range of cultures and personalities converge.

As for Sandman's initial comment, I think he has a point, for the simple fact that you list "Teaching Engllish" as one of your activities. Now if that is the case, then I am afraid you don't have an excuse.
Another reason for not trusting the education system in Libya, I suppose :D

welcome to the blog aleks !

Gernademan wrote:

Hi Aleksandra,

Yea, guess you just experienced some strange people trying to take over your thread this wasn't a surprise for me when I first posted here got the same lame talk from some member.

Anyway welcome on board!

GM

"latão pescoço" is all I am going to say :rolleyes:

ExpatLibyan wrote:
Gernademan wrote:

Hi Aleksandra,

Anyway welcome on board!

GM

"latão pescoço" is all I am going to say :rolleyes:

My post was for Aleksandra, may I ask why did you (expatlibyan) take so much interest in shoving your nose in my post? :rolleyes:

@libyanexpat..... this is irrelevant.
people my age(19)have a whole different way of writting,speaking and typing.
i teach english at a basic level to libyan students.the fact that i made a few mistakes in typing or spelling doesn't mean i don't know how to spell or type properly.i was simply writting in a hurry on a PC that isn't mine.
don't you have anything better to do than judge people on senceless things like this.

aleksandra2319 wrote:

people my age(19)have a whole different way of writing,speaking and typing.
I teach English at a basic level to Libyan students. The fact that I made a few mistakes in typing or spelling doesn't mean I don't know how to spell or type properly. I was simply writing in a hurry on a PC that wasn't mine.
Don't you have anything better to do than judge people on senseless things like this?

There you go.

HTH

Mudman wrote:
aleksandra2319 wrote:

people my age(19)have a whole different way of writing,speaking and typing.
I teach English at a basic level to Libyan students. The fact that I made a few mistakes in typing or spelling doesn't mean I don't know how to spell or type properly. I was simply writing in a hurry on a PC that wasn't mine.
Don't you have anything better to do than judge people on senseless things like this?

There you go.

HTH

Ouch!
I am sure Aleksandra will thank you for that..

Some sort of people have absolutely have nothing else to do around here.

Certainly there isn't anything else interesting in their world other than making baseless comments....

All i can advise is ( Get a Life ).....

@WALI
thank you for that:) doesn't matter,they didn't see the point of my post,but paid more attention to how i wrote it.
cheers WALI

Hi Aleksandra, welcome. I teach English also.It's interesting to me that you have been here for so long and that Libya is your home.

First of I would like to welcome Aleksandra to this forum, secondly I would also want to point out that my 72hrs ban from this website just recently finished. Yes, I was banned from this website for 3 days and I have no clue for what reason.

Here we have a new comer (aleksandra) is introducing herself to sensible expats, and baam Mr Sandman (the guy with dark jugs) hijacks her post with a senseless comment. After a few posts following Sandman's I can see why the other expats are frustrated including Aleksandra, and guess what the admin of this website does? Instead of banning Sandman for a couple of days as he did with me, he goes easy and deletes his post.

I am not nagging, just bringing reality on the table.

P.S. Sorry Aleksandra for venting out here on your thread.

Cheers
Firefox

Firefox >https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 502#208730

do you remember what was your last post before you got banned?

hi harry, it's nice to meet you:) thank you for your greatings.with time libya does become a home to most expats.i know quite a few that a happy here and don't want to leave:D
@firefox, thank you for your welcome,and no apologies are required,you said it like it is:)

cheers

Hello Julien,

If you are the founder of this site I presume you also handle issues that members got, right?

If yes, then I would like to report (well I already have) rather bring to your attention about this thread which I started under the Tripoli forum here https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=52612 If you check it out till the bottom of the page there are posts by 2 members who are always hijacking my threads. Put yourself in my spot and just see for your self all I ever asked was if anyone would be interested to join me and a friend of mine on Thursday evening and you can check the rest of the comments by those senseless members. It's like even if someone wants to reply to my thread he/she will be double minded into thinking WTF is going on here?

Sorry for this long note, but please do take my comments into consideration and see for yourself.

P.S. I have also PM'd you.

Thanks
Gernademan

Dear Julien,

I admit that I am a naughty boy for taking the piss out of members with multiple user names.

lots of love

Sandman6

http://www.shafted.de/public/Ha%20ha%202.jpg

FireFox wrote:

and baam Mr Sandman (the guy with dark jugs)

lol

Sandman6 wrote:

I admit that I am a naughty boy for taking the piss out of members with multiple user names.

the funniest part is that he doesn't know I can detect users accounts who use the same IP

enough :offtopic: for now

Julien wrote:

the funniest part is that he doesn't know I can detect users accounts who use the same IP

and the sad part about that is just a few days ago he was giving people instructions on using proxies :rolleyes: