New in Tripoli and already Bored!!!

Hi everyone...
I've quite recently moved to Tripoli and yes am already bored to death, not mentioning the communication problem here.I guess I would need to learn arabic soon,and also need to know as to how does one spend their time in this part of the world.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks....

Hello dominicdsouza.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Maybe you could tell us more about yourself.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Same experiencing here.

drinking coffee

Why not start a wine tasting club? ;-)

Perhaps look at it this way - there are groups of common minds in one location -- come together and create social events and group activities.

Martin

Maybe you need to learn some bad habits like Smoking shisha as shisha places are everywhere. Or some good habits like arranging classes to learn Arabic privately which could be a good start in setting up a get together events and BBQ weekends.

suggest you go to Malta for weekends :)

Dan1976 wrote:

suggest you go to Malta for weekends :)

Hi Dan!

Do you go to Malta often?

Maybe you would be open to share flights, prices, accommodation suggestions and also places to go once in Malta.

Martin

A good advice? Try to get busy, keep yourself healthy and find the way to talk to local people, not only expats. Stay safe.

Hi Dominic,
If you are a Pakistani, you could find a lot of Pakistanis living in Tripoli. Otherwise, better go to Gargaresh and at least seek for new arrivals  ;):)

It is true that Libya is not the best place for going out and all but if you start meeting some people, not only expats, you'll find yourself with a nice group of friends and you'll enjoy your time here more.

If you have time on your hands, learn Arabic, travel, i would recommend Tunisia as well, you can actually drive there, it is a beautiful country and more "touristic" especially in the north of Tunisia so you may find more activities to your liking with restaurants, souks, historic places to visit, Hammam for relaxation, excursions in the desert...

Welcome to Libya, you'll be fine...

Hello Martin

Do you practice Karate or Kung fu?

adam

Now that, should be removed for the profanity.
Laepng, no one will listen if you can't speak, or type, without such offensive language that serves no purpose.
Now you stain the image of yourself.
Brother, I encourage you to speak the truth, even if its not pretty, but without the anger and offensive language.
All things are possible with God.
Everyone is His creation. May God touch even your hard heart.

i know it but try to do some thing go to Cafes in ben ashour or Hay alndalous behind beach .. very nice place .. and join in gym near ur home .. makes a friends .. good luck

Are there any group activities being planned over weekends? e.g flying/driving together to tunisia or checking out the roman ruins?

Nice to meet you and see some activity saima.
Ive heard the lines to Tunisia are more than a day's wait. Is that untrue?

just got here Friday so not sure- hoping those that have been here longer might have more suggestions/ideas

Congratulations on your arrival.
Be careful traveling about as I have been told its not safe to do so.

May I ask how you arrived?
Did you come to teach?
Anything you advise bringing or suggest leaving home because its cheaper in Libya?

Thanks for your help.

Libya is a place to work with out entertainment. Get use to it.

Use your Facebook as much as you can to contact your friends and love ones.
Even you can add me.

Hi,

I need to travel to Tripoli for some business meeting. As you have been at Tripoli for some months now, can you suggest if it is safe to travel from Hotel to the client office. I will have 4-5 days trip only to Libya. Please suggest as i am otherwise scared to travel to Libya